Eighth Memory

It was our one year anniversary and I was buzzing. I woke up so early. I basically woke up my mum just to tell her: "me and Lou have been together for a year!" And she patted my back and said: "that's great, honey, but I'm-" and she drifted back to sleep.

I got a call later from Louis and it was just him reminding me how much he loves me and how beautiful I am. And even though he tells me that everyday, I still manage to feel so loved from his words.

I, of course, gave him the same treatment even if I'm just not good with my words. I just get shy and nervous when I have to be open about how I feel. But I know Louis knows how much I love him. I'm pretty sure my smile always says it for me.

He told me he'd come to my house later and I just couldn't wait. I didn't know what to do to kill time.

Mum woke up two hours later for work. She got dressed and went downstairs, got jump scared by seeing me already wide awake eating breakfast.

"Hi, baby, what are you doing up so early?" She wondered and went to make a cup of coffee.

"I've been awake for... I think three hours now. Plus, didn't I wake you up earlier?"

"Oh that was real? I thought it was you appearing in my dream reminding me of how much you love Louis." She laughed.

"I can see that actually happening," I laughed.

"Happy one year to you both. He's coming over, isn't he?"

"Yeah. Is that okay?"

"Of course. Just call if you need anything and if you go out, tell me." She smiled. "Speaking about calls, Gemma never called me last night. I know it's a sleepover, but still."

"She's alright, mum, you know how she is," I chuckled.

"Alright. I'll see you later. Have fun today. Say hi to Louis for me," she kissed my cheek.

"I will!"

She left with her coffee and bag and then it was silent again. When will Louis get here?

Just as I got up from the chair, there was a knock on the door. I furrowed my eyebrows as I walked over and slowly opened it. Louis? Louis!

"Hi!" I smiled and hugged him not even noticing the flowers between our bodies. "Oh sorry, didn't see them."

He laughed and said it was okay, then handed them to me.

"I think I scared your mum a minute ago. She didn't see me walking up here and almost dropped her coffee when she noticed me. But then I was attacked in a hug and congratulating me for our anniversary," Louis rambled.

"Yeah, she still hasn't had a sip so she isn't fully awake yet."

When I closed the door behind us, I looked down at the flowers and smiled. "Thanks for these, by the way. They're beautiful."

"I picked the most beautifulest for you." Louis smiled.

I rolled my eyes and kissed him.

"Louis," I said after a moment of snogging, "you know how I'm bad with words and... this morning you basically declared your love for me like always so perfectly and I tried doing the same but I don't even know if you understood-"

"Hey, hey, hey, it's alright. You don't need to tell me. I know you love me and you don't have to force yourself to always let me know. I know, love."
His thumb rubbed circles on my cheeks.

"I know that. I was just wondering... if I can show you that I love you? You know..?" I looked down.

"Show me?"