Chapter 3- The Talk

Emma Foster sat still the whole time Magnate Leto told her about her being Talentless. "Being Talentless means you can't do the Elite Levels." Can't do this, can't do that. "You will be a Bad Match." THEN Emma learned that this was an error in her mother's genes (because he is ALSO secretly Mr. Forkle) "Her genes I made were supposed to make sure that all of her children would all get an ability. So I don't know why you don't have an ability. But I PROMISE Emma, that you will get an ability." Emma then began to pluck her eyelashes out, her nervous habit. Magnate Leto chuckled, "You're just like your mother. She used to do that ALL the time in conversations with me." "She did?" Emma asked, speaking for the first time after sitting down. "Yes, she did. And it got really annoying sometimes too." Magnate Leto replied, "Also if you'd like, you can go home early to talk to your parents." Emma sighed, she had JUST forgotten about that. "Okay. Thank you." 

Emma walked to her locker. Then ripped a small piece of paper from her notebook and wrote a quick note to Amy.

      Dear Amy, I went home early. Tell you why later. Good luck in Alchemy!                                                                -Emma

That seemed good. Hopefully, Amy won't wonder too much. Amy would hopefully be worrying about Alchemy.  See grabbed her satchel and went to the Leapmaster.  After calling for Envelona, she stepped into the light, ready to face her parents. 

When she arrived, her dad was outside reading on a couch swing. Emma was a bit confused. Her dad NEVER read. Her eyes then bolted to the cover name, "How to be a good parent to a Talentless Kid".  Her dad then noticed Emma and slammed the book shut and hid it behind the couch pillows. "Hi, Emma!" her dad called, waving at her. "Causing trouble again?" he asked Emma, with his signature smirk. "Not exactly," Emma replied. "Do you need to talk about something with Mom and me?" he asked, "Yea," Emma replied quietly. "SOPHIE!" he screamed as he opened the door and screamed into the house, "Yes, Keefe?" Emma's mom replied, coming down the stairs. "Emma's here to talk." Her dad replied. 

   He guided Emma and her mom to the white couches. Emma sat at the corner of the couch, with a black pillow in front of her to hide if needed. Her parents sat on the other end of the couch, leaving a decent gap between Emma and her parents. Her parents looked at each other, (seeming like they were having a telepathic conversation) then her mom began to speak. "Emma, do you know about, you know," she asked Emma. "Yea," Emma mumbled back, keeping her eyes off her parents. Her dad grabbed the pillow Emma was hiding behind and threw it across the room, knocking down a stack of letters, but Emma already had a backup plan. Hiding behind her long, blond hair. 

"Sophie, you used to do that when I would talk to you, remember?" her dad joked, "Yes I did, Keefe. And Emma has a very good reason why she should hide behind her hair." her mom replied back. Her mom then pulled Emma's hair to the back of her hair, leaving her face visible again with nowhere to hide. "Emma I know this is hard but- " her mom began, but Emma cut her off. "IT'S NOT FAIR!" Emma screamed, "YOU HAVE A PICTURE PERFECT LIFE AND I DON'T! I WANT TO BE A NORMAL GIRL! NOT TALENTLESS! I DON'T WANT TO BE TREATED DIFFERENTLY JUST BECAUSE I'M TALENTLESS! MY MOM IS THE SOPHIE FOSTER! AKA THE LADY WHO DEFEATED THE NEVERSEEN! OUR FAMILY IS SUPPOSED TO BE PERFECT! AND BECAUSE OF ME, OUR FAMILY WILL BE TREATED BADLY BECAUSE OF ME BEING TALENTLESS! YOU PROBABLY DON'T EVEN WANT ME AS MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE OF ME BEING TALENTLESS!" Emma was crying now. Her mom and dad scooted to the other edge of the couch where Emma was sitting and hugged her tight. "We will never not want you Emma." her mom whispered. "Never, ever, ever would we." her dad whispered back. "Really?" Emma asked, "Even if everyone hates our family because of me?". "Nope. Because your one of us." her dad replied, pointing at her family crest, the crest her parents designed when they got married. 

As they let go of her, there was a knock at the door. Her mom walked to the door and Emma heard a familiar voice as her mom opened the door. "Hello Miss Foster." the voice said "Mr. Forkle?" her mom asked.

Wow. A lot going on here :)- 775 Words