Chapter 12- 'You have 3 minutes max in there'

All the children became pale. Paler than the curtains in the room. (photo idea above :D) Amy tried to run to Sophie, but Elwin blocked her. "Nuh-uh," he said, smiling softly, "you are not going over there missy." he said, not moving until Keefe grabbed her by the shoulders and lifting her back to Emma and Errol. When she finally wiggled out of his grasp, she said, "I'm a Telepath ya know," she said, tapping her temples, "I can save her." "I think we'll have to pass on that." Elwin said, "You know your mom, her mind is, hard to get into. " "Elwin's right, only a few people can get in, but only Sophie can fix broken minds." Keefe said, biting his lip. "I know someone who can help," Errol said quietly, looking at his mom sadly. "Who is it?" Keefe and Elwin asked in sync, looking at him desperately. "Concillour Fitz." Errol said. (I'm cringing)

15 minutes later. Councillor Fitz (wow I can't even say it with a straight face), Mr. Forkle, and Tiergan barged into the house. "Where is she?" all three said, finally noticing Errol in front of them. He didn't respond but pointed the way up to her room. All of them started running up the stairs. When they finally reached Sophie's room, they all froze. "Oh, my goodne-" Fitz said, (I'm sorry I can't add "councillor" every time it's too funny) but he couldn't finish his reaction because Sophie's bone-chilling scream cut it off. Elwin was frantically trying to find a sedative for her, mumbling to himself. "Thank goodness you're here!!" Keefe said, running toward Fitz and hugging him. Fitz didn't hug back, he was too focused on looking at Sophie. Once Keefe finally pulled away, Mr. Forkle cleared his throat, and everyone looked up. "May I?" he said, reaching for Sophie's temples.  Elwin and Keefe reluctantly nodded. He closed his eyes and entered Sophie's mind. 

It had been 5 minutes until Mr. Forkle had opened his eyes again. Tears welled in his eyes. "It's true," he said, wiping his eyes, "her mind is broken. I can usually get in, but it's stronger than before." walking away from Sophie sadly. "Please let me try," Amy pleaded, running to her mom, "I'll be careful, promise." "Nope!" Elwin said, pushing her gently back to her siblings, "I am not having you go into her mind. I cannot have another patient today!" Mr. Forkle chuckled, "Amy reminds me so much of Sophie when she was younger." "I remember when Alden's mind was broken, she kept begging to try to get in, and we didn't allow her." Tiergan said softly, smiling, " And when I looked away for a second she was in Alden's mind." "Oh, you were SO mad!!" Elwin said, laughing, but then he frowned, looking back at Sophie now. "Please let me try," Amy repeated, running to her mom again. "We can at least let her try," Keefe said, "then she will stop asking." "Okay then," Elwin said, "you have 3 minutes max in there. Start whenever you're ready." Amy placed her hands on her mom's head, closed her eyes, and entered her mom's mind. 

Sophie's mind was kind of like a roller coaster. There were lots of drops and dark bits, but overall, it wasn't that hard for Amy to look around. You could see that there were memories and pieces that she was trying to save. Then, she found a nook. It was small, but she found her way in.  Inside, she found a tree, with pretty purple flowers (it's Calla's tree but Amy doesn't know :D) Against the tree, was a blond, brown-eyed girl. It was her mom, but the younger version of her. (I'm guessing the same age as Amy, so about 16)

"Hello," the younger Sophie said, patting a spot for Amy to sit next to her, "I'm Sophie, what's your name?" Amy sat next to her, and replied, "I'm Holly. Can I ask you a question?" (Amy chose to make her name something else, since she knew Sophie's sister's name was Amy as well) "Sure!" young Sophie replied, "What is it?" "Well," Amy began, not sure how to put her thoughts into words, "What makes you feel better when everything feels like it's gonna collapse on you" "That's an odd question," young Sophie said, and she didn't respond for a while, but after a few seconds, she answered, "Well, I have this friend. Keefe. Whenever I'm panicking or anything like that, he'll take off my glove, " she held up her hands, with gloves covering her hands, "And then he holds my hand and sends breezes of different colours to calm me down." She sighed, "He's not here right now, he's going through some sort of transformation, so he's in the Healing Center at Foxfire." (This is after his "Legacy" in book 8) You could see that she wasn't sleeping, and worry and guilt in her eyes. "I hope everything gets better." Amy said, then stood up, "I need to go," she got up, she was feeling people shaking her shoulders, telling her that her time was up, "I'll come back, okay?" "Okay!" younger Sophie replied, smiling, "Bye!" She waved, as Amy left Sophie's mind.

As soon as she was out of Sophie's mind, lights flashed in her eyes. It was Elwin.  While Keefe was holding her shoulders, Mr. Forkle was pacing the room. Fitz and Tiergan were talking to Emma and Errol, trying to ask them questions about Sophie during the past few days. "I'm fine!" Amy shouted, walking away, trying to fight away the dizzy spell and the headache behind her eyes, "I figured out what we need to do." "What is it?" Elwin, Mr. Forkle, Keefe, Fitz, and Tiergan all asked at the same time. 

  AN- Yay I did it!! Hope you enjoyed it!! Please comment one shot ideas or any ideas for me to add!!-984 words