Passionate Hate 4.10

"Layla, I love Javier Di Arlingdon. I've loved him for years, and I will confess my feelings for him."

"I-I see..." Layla was not surprised with Lyon's confession, but she was stupefied with his determination to confess to Javier.

Honestly, Layla had the hunch that she and her brother had the same taste for a spouse. Javier was her childhood crush, so it was quite baffling for her, because Lyon said that he wasn't interested in Javier.

She was his twin after all, she often noticed that Lyon would stare at oblivious Javier, he would smile when Javier smiled, he would frown when Javier looked sad. But no words ever came out of his mouth. It was all arguing and fighting between Lyon and Javier.

But she was glad that Lyon finally admitted his feeling, because at last, one of her worries had been lifted. She felt guilty for Javier, but he was just her childhood crush, and that feeling slowly died out after they were older. Especially since Javier was not her type of man at all.

"Lyon, Javier is a bit dumb, oblivious, unromantic, and can be brash too sometimes..." Layla warned Lyon before finally giving her permission.

"I know," Lyon said, "And I will still confess. He might not love me, but I just want him to know. I want to be free from this burden in my heart..."

Layla watched her brother looking at her with gentle, but determined eyes. Lyon never said that he liked anyone in his life, so Layla concluded that Javier was Lyon's first love. And she felt guilty for her brother.

"L-Layla, you don't need to worry, I won't try to be a homewrecker and steal Javier from you. I just want to get rid of this feeling in my heart," Lyon said.

Layla shook her head and replied, "Go meet him and confess. I will break up with him after you can get his heart, so he will not be too heartbroken. I don't deserve him..."

"What do you mean?" Lyon asked.

Layla quietly stopped midway on the corridor, she was standing in front of her door. She opened the door and said, "Lyon, I... I did something shameful..."

Layla opened the door handle, she wanted to enter her room, but Lyon stopped her for a moment, "What-What about your confession? What do you want to say to me?"

Layla turned her head, she smiled and said, "I will tell you after you told Javier about your true feelings. Good luck, brother."

[Pupa: Ding! Breakmeter increases to 30%.]

Layla quietly closed the door, and Lyon was alone in the corridor.

[I think... I have the hunch about Layla already...]

[Pupa: It is definitely the right assumption. Do you hate her for what she did?]

[No, she is just a young maiden in love. She made a mistake, but it's not right to condemn her because of her mistake. It's just... I wish she could break up with Javier long ago, before she cheats on him.]

[Pupa: It is Lyon who demands Layla to stay with Javier.]

[Wait, really?]

[Pupa: Yes, it is in the world background. Perhaps, because of Lyon's egoism, he wanted to keep being close to Javier, by using Layla as the tool to keep the three of them close. If Layla broke up with Javier, he would eventually separate himself from the twins.]

[Sigh... I can see that. Lyon was not as righteous as he looked. He was gallant and strong as a Crown Prince, but he was manipulative and cowardly. He used his own twin sister to keep Javier close, because he was afraid to confess. He was the actual culprit of the world destruction]