036

kai stopped in front of the dance studio's glass door that belonged to his company's building. a majority of the lights around him were out with this studio as an exception. he watched his boyfriend's eyes focus on the mirrored wall while dancing to one of his title tracks. watching y/n dance was possibly one of kai's favorite things to do, but he felt that maybe he'd been practicing too much lately.

pushing the door open gently, kai stepped inside and watched him until the song ended and y/n finally noticed his presence.

"oh, hyuka! hi, lovie!" the shorter beamed as he trotted over to kai and gave him a small kiss. kai couldn't help but smile at the greeting.

"hi, bubs.. are you alright?" kai asked, his hands softly caressing y/n's arms. the male looked at him a bit confused.

"i'm fine, why?"

kai shook his head dismissively.

"you've just been working a lot in the dance studios lately." he pointed out. y/n thought for a moment.

"i guess i have," he replied as he went to turn the stereo off and gather up his things.

"and it's past your usual schedule time.. i don't want you overworking yourself."

y/n smiled at the thoughtfulness before taking a quick sip of his water. he picked up his bag and walked back over to the taller.

"i'm fine, hyuka." he assured with a grin. kai nodded before leaning over a bit to kiss him again. his soft lips made y/n's stomach fill with butterflies as always. y/n wondered if that feeling would always be there. two years with kai and he still got nervous sometimes or felt his heart beat faster at the simplest things. he could never get tired of such feelings, though.

"i think we're both exhausted," kai interrupted y/n's thoughts. "let's go home and get some rest."

"you say that like you live with me," y/n teased.

"i might as well at this point." kai responded jokingly. y/n felt the male take his hand gently and lead him out of the room, turning off the lights and shutting the door behind them.