031

"thank you for all the birthday wishes and spending the time with me to celebrate!! 'til next time, moas!" kai waved cheerfully and smiled at the live camera.

"aaand, you're all set! i'm assuming you're gonna bolt out to meet y/n?" the staff member asked as he shut the small camera off. kai blushed a bit, nodding.

"i haven't seen him all day. i'm ready to just settle down for the night and spend the rest of my birthday with him."

the staff member smiled at kai's wholesome attitude while they both gathered up their things. kai bid his goodbyes and rushed out to go to his boyfriend's.

kai :
i'm otw now !!!!

y/n :
decorations acquired and movies are ready to go :D

kai smiled again as he read the text while walking out of the building. he realized that birthdays and other holidays had become a lot more important to him ever since meeting y/n. he found that he loved the exhilarating feeling, and hoped the other experienced this to some aspect as well.

once he finally arrived at his destination, his knock on y/n's door was answered almost instantly.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HYUKA!!!" y/n shouted, instantly throwing his arms around the male. kai's smile couldn't grow any wider at this point. he returned the hug happily and found himself lifting the smaller up a bit as a result of his excitement.

"thank you, lovie!!" he replied while setting him back onto the ground gently. his arms left y/n's sides to cup the latter's face, connecting their lips now.

once separated again, kai closed the door behind him and looked around. y/n had a few streamers and many balloons scattered about. the home screen of netflix was shown on the tv while a speaker played 'happy birthday' by oneus to fill the silence.

"alright, as the birthday boy, it is my right to demand my present now before we go out to get snacks!" kai said with a teasing tone. y/n smiled and clapped his hands eagerly.

"okay, okay! sit down and close your eyes!"

kai laughed softly at the other's enthusiasm. he sat on the sofa and closed his eyes while y/n grabbed his laptop from the table. placing it onto the male's lap, he adjusted the screen and sat next to him.

"okay, open!"

kai opened his eyes to see the computer with a resort's website pulled up on the screen. he looked at his boyfriend, still excited but a bit confused.

"so, i know you were really bummed that we couldn't have more time together for your birthday, and we also have had less time together in general lately. but i talked to our managers and we were able to arrange a small vacation for just you and me starting this weekend! so this is the place we're staying at!" y/n explained. kai's jaw hung open in shock as he looked back and forth between the screen and the boy next to him.

"oh my god?! y/n, that's amazing! how'd you get them to let us?"

"well, let's just say i have the best manager. he pulls off so many things, it's insane. i originally only asked for two days because i know your comeback schedule is gonna be pretty full, but he managed to get us four days instead! he said it was easier to work it out since we're going after your album releases, not before," y/n answered. kai nodded before looking back at the website.

"woah, two pools.. a hot tub.. and room service? this is not a hotel, it's heaven." kai set the laptop aside and gave his boyfriend another kiss. "thank you so much, baby. but isn't a place like this gonna be really expensive?"

"well, yes, but nothing's too expensive for your birthday. don't worry about the money and just let me spoil you!" y/n responded. a smile continued to rest on kai's lips as he looked at his boyfriend.

"alright, alright. thank you lots, my love. definitely the best birthday present i got this year."

y/n's face grew brighter at this.

"of course, hyuka! you mean the world to me, happy birthday."