054

"did i say thank you yet today? cause damn, i really needed this trip," kai said in content as he and y/n entered their suite together. he threw his bag aside and flopped stomach down onto their bed. y/n smiled at this before setting his own bag down and closing the door behind them. the duo was returning from a long few hours at the indoor pool and hot tub that belonged to the resort.

"you don't need to thank me, hyuka. you deserve it, especially for your birthday."

kai sat up on the bed with a pleased grin, now looking at the other.

"c'mere so i can kiss you."

y/n's flustered face didn't go unnoticed as he walked happily over to his boyfriend and connected their lips. kai's hands gently set themselves on either side of the other's face, deepening the kiss with care.

he pulled away after a moment and looked at y/n eagerly.

"so, um.. i brought you something actually," he got up as he spoke, leaving a surprised y/n sitting on the bed.

"something for me?" y/n questioned. "hyuka, it's your birthday, not mine."

"well, for my birthday i wanted to get us these." kai answered as he pulled out two small velvet boxes from his suitcase. he went back to join y/n on the bed and set one of the boxes in front of him, keeping the other for himself.

"i've had these for a couple weeks now actually. i was waiting for the right time to give you yours, but i decided to just bring them along and give it to you no matter the timing."

y/n looked between the small velvet box and the male sitting in front of him. his heart was going a mile a minute. he assumed it was jewelry by the look of the box, but he was still shocked.

"go ahead, open it!" kai encouraged in excitement.

y/n just smiled and opened the small box to reveal a thin silver ring. his jaw dropped, looking at kai again.

"holy shit, kai.. is this..?"

kai laughed at the reaction and opened his box to show the same ring.

"relax, they're not engagement bands, silly. i wanted to get us something to share and have when we aren't able to be around each other as much. i know our busy schedules have made things hard lately, so i'm hoping this'll help for the both of us. i even got matching chains if you'd rather wear it around your neck instead." kai explained.

y/n's eyes kept moving between the small piece of silver and his boyfriend. he almost felt like crying at such a sweet gift.

"i don't know what to say, hyuka.." he said meekly as he finally took the ring from it's tiny pillow inside the box. he lifted it closer to see it while kai continued to study his reaction.

"do you like it?" he asked nervously. y/n instantly looked at him again and nodded.

"oh, yes sorry! i'm just really shocked. i love them so much, kai. thank you." y/n took the chain from the bottom of the box and slid it through the ring with ease, now setting it around his neck. kai smiled widely at the sight. he took his own ring and slid it onto his index finger.

y/n lightly hit his shoulder next, surprising the taller.

"..'no matter the timing' my ass! we've been here two days already and you're just now revealing these?" y/n joked. kai smiled sheepishly before giving him another quick kiss.

"i love you, my y/n."

"tsk. i love you too, hyuka."