Chapter Two

THOMAS'S POV:

After I left Maze's place, I made my way to the main pack house. I don't know what had come over me today. I have never laid my hands on Maze before. I would scream at her and give her minimal punishments just to keep the façade up, but I had never crossed the line like this. During our first period, I saw her talking to some human jackass. She seemed to be enjoying her conversation with him; she even cutely laughed at something he had said, which was something that I had never been able to do before. As she was laughing at whatever the dick had said she grabbed his arm and it lingered. IT. LINGERED. I'm not sure why but it pissed me off to the point where I placed my hands on her.

I knew better. My father, Alpha Kingston, was my mother's first mate. He passed away when I was only 7 years old, he was the one that taught me from right and wrong and I had definitely fucked up. He taught me to never lay a finger on a woman, whether human or wolf, unless it was in self-defense. Alpha Jason was my stepfather, only a few remembered my dad. My dad was a true alpha, everyone loved him but also feared him and respected him. When I say feared, what I mean is our people feared to disappoint him. So our people would always work hard to get his approval. My father was all about doing the right thing even if it was too late; no matter how wrong you were to begin with. He believed in second chances. My parents were utterly in love with each other, and I wanted that type of love. I don't know how I allowed to get myself involved with Jannette. I had always had a crush on Maze. When my father passed, instead of Beta Erin becoming alpha until I became of age, my mother brought in Jason to take my father's place. They both made sure to bury my father's memory. I resented both of them for that. Don't get me wrong, I still love my mother and I mean Alpha Jason wasn't terrible, there was just something off about him. However, he treated me with respect and was always there when I needed him so that had to count for something right?

I was already beating myself up for what I had done so I just wanted to hide myself from everyone. I ended up going for a run but out of nowhere I caught a whiff of what seemed like the most intoxicating scent. I followed it until I realized I was standing in front of Maze in my wolf form. She was swaying and to some Mexican song. She was so beautiful; I was lost in a trance the moment her humming's turned into singing. Her voice alone gave me a hard on.

So now here I was walking into the kitchen with the biggest boner. I just wanted to avoid everyone, but I knew that would be impossible since I was the soon to be alpha. I opened the fridge to pull out a yogurt. While looking for the yogurt I could hear Janette's annoying high-pitched voice. I hated it when she talked; she would always say stupid shit... but I endured it because she was smoking hot, I will say not as beautiful as Maze.

"Hey baby" she purred while rubbing her body on me. "Want to go up into my room and play around a little?"

I tried so hard not to roll my eyes, my boner almost non-existent, and through gritted teeth I said "Not now Jan, I couldn't sleep last night. So, I'm going to bed." I slightly shoved her away from me.

"Hmph" she rolled her eyes and walked away without another word, which was unusual of her.

I left the kitchen and went to my room, forgetting I wanted to eat yogurt. I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling thinking of what had happened earlier. I couldn't get out of my head of how beautiful Maze looked while she danced and sang that song. It was like a golden-pink aura surrounded her. As I thought of her, I felt myself drifting in and out of reality.