Chapter Six

I kept going in and out of consciousness. I felt heavy all over. When I finally came to, all the memories of the night before came tumbling down, causing me to relive the heartbreak Aliha and I had felt. I suddenly got the urge to keep myself hidden in Cassie's room.

My heart was broken; all I did was cry, although I really did not have a relationship with Thomas. The moon goddess had chosen him for me, which made me feel like shit... due to the fact that she had chosen a slut bag as my mate. Cassie and Nathan tried everything to get me out of the room, but it was of no use. This stupid mate thing made me want to die inside and Aliha was of no help; she kept weeping and moping... until she became silent. I tried to ask her if she knew why I had wings but all she did was ignore me. I knew it wasn't her fault she was this way, but it really irritated me.

"Maze?" Nathan called me.

"Mmm." I responded.

"Are we going to talk about what happened at Thomas's party?" He asked.

"I need a drink." I got up from the bed and walked past him, completely ignoring his question. Once in the kitchen, I rummaged through Jakes' alcohol cabinet display; he only used it when he had important people visit him. I mean it's not like he would miss it. I took the whole bottle of tequila, didn't even bother to get a glass cup.

"Maze you cannot set this aside like as if it were nothing. I know Thomas is your mate but you kisse-" I cut him off.

"Don't. This stupid bond thing is killing me, literally. If you would have kissed me way before that day... Let's just say it would have been a whole different story, but you didn't, and I am stuck with whatever this is." I took a drink of the tequila, but before I could drink anymore Nathan snatched it out of my hands.

"Maze please it has been days since you have come out of the room, and we are running out of excuses. I think Minah is starting to catch on. She is smart for her age, you know this! I'm sure she knows when her momma is not feeling good." Nathan placed the bottle on the counter and reached out to me. His hands caressed my face, and I could feel the warmth it held, yet I felt vile rise in my throat. Oh how I wished I were his mate and he mine, but alas that was not the case. I tried to move away tears now threatening to fall. I tried to get out of his hold, but he moved his hand towards my hair. He leaned down again, gently pulled my hair forcing me to look up at him. His lips clashed with mine. I closed my eyes and just allowed it to happen for the second time.

I knew this was wrong, this whole thing felt off, but I needed a distraction. I felt bad for using him but I mimicked his kiss and suddenly his hands were all over my body. I felt hot like as if I were burning specially in my lower parts. He abruptly ended our kiss and I noticed his eyes turn black.

"Your in heat." Nathan lowered his gaze, it gave me chills, I just didn't know if it was good or bad. He turned and walked away from me.

"Steven, get Minah and everyone out of the house. Maze has gone into heat. You are not mated, it could be dangerous." Nathan reported via three way mind-link, now facing out the window.

"Uh? That's impossible..." Steven commented.