Chapter 11

(A/N: Happy New Year guys! I hope 2023 is amazing for all of you and I hope you enjoy these next couple chapters. XxD)

******************************************************************

Though, it seemed like no time at all had passed before Reepicheep was riding on Elodie's shoulder as he guided her back to the ledge she'd just left, her siblings and Caspian along with many others from their remaining army gathered to watch as the combined force of the Telmarine lords and their king marched onto the plains. Their ranks were filled with thousands of men along with large catapults that stood stories high in the air and countless other weapons.

"A war council," Peter blurted and his twin turned to him with an incredulous look on her face.

"Now? In case you haven't noticed Pete, our enemies are literally right on our doorstep," she reminded him.

"I've got a plan, but we need to be quick about it," he urged and it was surprisingly Caspian who spoke up first.

"Lead the way," he invited and Peter gave him a single nod before leading the way back to the cavern of the stone table and explaining his plan. And from a tactical point of view, it was completely ridiculous. But from a Narnian point of view, it was absolutely brilliant.

Except for the Narnians in the room of course.

"Cakes and kettledrums," Trumpkin exclaimed. "That's your next big plan? Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest? Alone!"

"It's our only chance," Peter reasoned.

"And she won't be alone," Susan insisted.

"Haven't enough people died already?" Trumpkin asked Lucy, the dwarf rather fond of his dear little friend after she'd saved his life a second time.

"Nikabrik was my friend too," Trufflehunter interjected. "But he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I."

"And neither have I," Elodie added as she stood tall, her axe at her hip despite the lack of armour over her tunic. "We are Narnians," she reminded them, her voice full of raw passion. "We are the stuff of legends. And the legend was that if you blew Queen Susan's horn, the Kings and Queens of Old would return to you. Well, here we are," she exclaimed as she held out her hands to showcase herself. "Who's to say that this plan to find the legendary lion of Narnia won't work all the same?"

Reepicheep was the first to step forward, the slick sound of him drawing his sword barely audible in the air, but a lesson the Telmarines were about to learn was that the size of the blade didn't matter, the heart of the warrior did.

"For the warrior queen," he said with a bow of his head that Elodie returned. "For Aslan!"

"For Aslan!" a bear echoed as he pushed himself off the wall on two feet.

"For Aslan!" Glenstorm added before they looked over to Trumpkin, Caspian slightly in awe of the way Elodie had inspired them with nothing but her words. That was a magic in itself he believed.

"Then I'm going with you," Trumpkin insisted.

"No," Lucy said gently as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "We need you here."

"We have to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back," Peter continued.

"We can do it," Elodie proclaimed confidently. "Solomon and I can take care of the catapults and then what's left of the aerial legion can -"

"If I may," Caspian interrupted and Elodie just gave him a nod to continue. The Prince then stood from where he'd been sitting with the professor, his sword leaning against the wall. "Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer, but as king, he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people. There is one, in particular, that may buy us some time."

"Well, what is it?" Trumpkin wondered and when Caspian told them, Elodie was instantly against it.

"No. No way. That is not happening," she said to her twin.

"Ellie-"

"Let me do it, Peter. I'll fight," she persisted. "I'm a woman. Miraz will underestimate me."

"So you don't believe I can do it then?" Peter challenged but he was in no way cross with her, rather he was amused because he knew his twin would react to Caspian's suggestion the second he heard it.

"You know that's not true," she snapped. "But Miraz fights dirty. He killed Caspian the Ninth who was a seasoned warrior and conqueror."

"He was family and Caspian's father didn't see it coming," Peter returned. "I will. Ellie..." he trailed off as he took her hands. "Just trust me. And if I fall in battle, feel free to take my place."

She shoved him away at his words as he laughed. "Don't even joke about that," she scolded before Peter merely opened his arms as she crashed into them in a hug.

"Alright," Peter announced, as they pulled away, his arm still around his little sister. "You know your jobs and we have little time to prepare. So let's get to work."

He then nodded to Lucy who came over to Elodie.

"Will you fix my hair before I go?" she asked innocently and Elodie smiled.

"That was always Susan's job, but I can certainly try," she grinned as she took Lucy's hand and they wandered off into the cavern.