𝑺𝑰𝑿

I WAS ADMIRING THE SUN RISE, and then I heard the horn go off. Eccept this time I knew what it was for. I immediately got up and ran to the water. "Kiana!" I heard a familiar voice yell and I look back. Lo'ak was running towards me and he looked so happy. When he finally got to me he hugged me tightly, and I was hesitent before hugging him back. "What was that horn sound for?" He pulled away and asked. "The tulkuns are returning soon and that was the warning." I explained and pointed towards the jumping Tulkun coming our way.

"Come! I'll show you my spirit sister!" I say happily and grab his hand without thinking. I pulled him to my Ilu and we both got on as I connected my queue. Immediately we sped off and the Ilu eventually stopped once we got far enough. I excitedly got off my Ilu and Lo'ak followed me. I turned around and looked at him. "Her name is Aiya, and her mom is my mom's spirit sister." I told him before I swam underwater to my spirit siter Aiya.

He just curiously followed me and when we got to Aiya she excitedly made a loud noise. "Hi Kiana! Who is this?" She asked and Lo'ak looked at me confused. 'She asked who you were'   I signed to him and he nodded. 'He is a guy that I really like. His name is Lo'ak.' I signed to Aiya thinking Lo'ak wouldn't have known that much sign language to know what I said. I was so open with Aiya, and it's like I feel so comfortable around her. I feel like I could tell her everything and the whole truth of it too.

Later after meeting Aiya, I went to go swim with my Ilu. Lo'ak asked if he could go with me but I told him I just wanted to be alone. It isn't that something went wrong though I just always like being alone. After spending enough time by myself I decided to go back to the beach. I spend most of my days just thinking and relaxing in nature by myself. That is what I have done my whole life basically. I would never want to change that...ever.

I was walking around on the beach looking at everyone. There were a lot of people hanging out here today especially because of the Tulkuns returning so everyone is gathering in this area. When I was searching around for Lo'ak I saw Kiri. I decided I could get over my social anxiety for a second just to ask her where he is.

"Hey, Kiri!" I yelled and ran over to her. She looked at me with a confused look. Everyone gives me that look when I want to talk to them suddenly out of nowhere. "Yeah? " She asked as she was just sitting in the sand and relaxing. "Do you happen to know where your brother is?" I asked and she looked confused for a second and then smiled. "Lo'ak...is probably somewhere here on the beach right now. I think I saw him somewhere in that direction a few minutes ago." She pointed behind her where a big rock was and I saw Lo'ak sitting there and talking to Tsireya who was sitting next to him. " I see him..." I say quietly and sit down next to Kiri.

"Don't you need him for something?" She asked and I looked at Lo'ak and Tsireya again. "Well I just..Do you think Lo'ak is trying to date both me and my sister? It seems like they are so much closer than me and Lo'ak are." I explained to her. She rolled her eyes and looked at Lo'ak and Tsireya. "Lo'ak tells me that you don't allow your guys' relationship to go any further. Maybe that's why you guys aren't as close, and maybe you just need to let him in." She gave me advice and all I could do was hug her. I trusted Kiri so much and I don't even know why.

She let me hug her but when I wouldn't let go she started to back up. "Sorry." I say and I back away. "I never really hug anyone. Usually." I said and we both laughed before sitting in a peacful silence. I looked back at Tsireya and Lo'ak who were now laughing.. a lot. I kept glancing over there hoping Eywa would make him look at me.

As if Eywa heard me, Lo'ak made eye contact with me and smiled. Then he told Tsireya something and got up. He started to walk over to me. Eywa that is literally a wish come true.