Decision

"Ohayō, dad."

"Ohayō, Larota."

Lara sat on her chair, rubbing her eyes. Dariyasa brought dishes for her.

"Thank you, mom."

"No problem, Sweety. Oh, Venus seems still sleeping. Can you wake her up?"

"Sure."

Larota went to her sister's room and knocked.

"Venus, breakfast is ready."

"Oh yes. I'm coming."

The eldest sister said and opened the door.

"It's unusual to see you oversleeping"

Amoly talked about her dream which she saw yesterday. Others laughed at her funny story, but Venus stayed quiet. She looked at her family and realized their skin were darker than hers.

"Venus, are you okay?"

Asked Dariyasa with a worried face.

"Um...just...I don't feel well. Can I be absent from today's lesson?"

"Of course. Take a rest in your room."

"Thank you, moth-"

'Ah, yes. She is not my mother...'

Venus thought and went back to her room after breakfast. She sat down on her bed and thought about what to do next.

'Father can't still tell me about my problem. It probably will continue until 'the leader decision day'. I don't want my sisters to know I am not related. But my existence will cause conflicts. Larota never let herself win without a fair fight. I don't know what to do. Find my true family?"

New York. Orimura said 'New York'. But Venus didn't know about that city well. So she walked to the library and took the book about it. While reading, someone knocked on the door. She hid her book under the pillow. It was Talena and Amoly.

"Hi, ne-san. We brought you some sweets."

They put it on her desk.

"I hope you'll get well soon."

"Thank you, girls."

They smiled. Venus suddenly hugged the two.

"Ne-san?! What happened?!"

"No, I just...I love you. I wish I could protect you from all things."

"Don't worry! We can overcome everything with you!"

"Yes, family power can solve anything!"

'But I'm not your family.'

She thought, forcing herself to smile.

In the evening, Lara came to Venus's room to ask what the word in the book means. The eldest sister taught kindly.

"I see. Thanks, sis."

Lara stood up to go to her room.

"Um...wait, Lara."

Venus grabbed her arm.

"What?"

"Please...take care of sisters...if something happens to me."

"...? Of course I will."

"Yeah... Good night, Larota."

"Goodnight, Venus."

After all people went to bed, Venus prepared everything and went outside. She once turned her face to her home where she lived for many years.

"Goodbye, my home."

She said and went to the city.

Venus decides to go to New York to find her family.