My passion

[A/N: Before I begin with this chapter I like to thank you for reading! Have fun]

I really like Christmas, trust me I do but the buying gifts, the being on time, the quickly making yourself up and the acwerd sides of the family didn't really have me looking out for it. I was glad that the most exhausting parts were over and I actually kinda looked forward to the new years eve party.

It was the 28th of December, 3 days after Christmas. In those 3 days I made lots of calls to the circuit of Spa-Francorchamps, our 'local' track. It was a 1 hour drive from my home city and a few of my old friends worked there. I made calls to sign me up for the practice sessions in the summer and they wanted me to go there today for an interview and maybe some carting. Evelyn wanted to go with me so I woke up to the sound of my sister.

"Rosa, wake up! I thought we could go karting to warm you up." I opened my eyes and saw my racing gear laid out on my desk. "But u need to book the track, Evelyn" I yawned out. "I know, I booked the circuit where we went when you were young" she said. "For real" I jumped out of my bed and picked up my bag and racing gear I had laid out yesterday. "Come on, let's go. I'll shower after karting" I said excitedly. "Okay, if you say so'' my sister laughed.

I loaded the trunk with my stuff while my sister and mom tried to get my kart in the trailer. I loved my kart, my grandpa helped me design it. It had my driver number on it, which was 73 and it had yellow, green and red as colours just like my helmet. "All good to go, love you my girls! Don't die." my mom said, she obviously was scared when I went karting. "Good bye, mom. I will be very careful" I said. "Bye mom, you car is definitely safe with me!" Evelyn said. I wasn't 18 jet so I couldn't get my driver's license.

 I wasn't 18 jet so I couldn't get my driver's license

«★»

When I arrived at my real home circuit, I was so excited. I recognized the man behind the counter straight away "Hey, Fred! Nice to see you again." I said to the fairly old man, he was the owner of the track. "Hello, Rosaline! Long time no see. Not in Formula 1 yet?" he said laughing. "Actually, I have a meeting today for Formula 4." I said. "You are kidding?" he laughed. "Nope, that's why I'm training. A little warm up." I joked. "Well, that is awesome. We'll be counting on you. Should I help you bring your kart to the track?" he asked nicely. "Yes that would be very helpful" I said.

I got my stuff out of the car while my sister and Fred got my kart to the track. I got inside the dressing room and put on my racing gear. It fitted perfectly and I loved the design. It was red with the Belgian flag down my leg on one side and the Mexican flag down the other, my sponsors were written on my chest and back. One of my sponsors was my mom's work, she had a large company that sold cars. Another sponsor was the track, my grandpa was friends with Fred and he always saw potential in me. My biggest sponsor was the local supermarket and it was written across my back.

When I was ready I went to the track, in my hands I had my helmet stuffed with my gloves and balaclava. I saw my kart and went to sit inside it. While I put everything on I heard Fred say "Your kart is alright. I had them put on soft tires". I quickly said "Thanks!". "Show me what you got" Fred said. I looked at the stage and saw my big sis, she waved and I waved back. Then I got on track.