Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Nick led me to my bed and made me lie down. I sobbed into his shoulder for nearly twenty minutes but was eventually able to control my emotions. I was shivering as I climbed under the sheets.

"I'm going to make you something warm okay?"

I nodded, my teeth chattering as Nick covered me up with extra blankets. He kissed my forehead before leaving my bedroom. I listened to him banging around in the kitchen, muttering a few curse words after a crashing sound. The noise was comforting in a way. I liked the fact that Nick was here when I needed him. Even if he was rich and wore suits like they were casual attire, I cared for him and I knew he cared for me too. What I wanted right now was to have Ray here. No matter how rude he had been recently, I saw something in him that day we lounged around on my couch. Something about Ray, Ben and I being together just clicked. Ray and I, not so much.

"Shit" I heard Nick mutter as I heard a pan drop onto my tile floor.

I giggled and tried to rest, only to have another knock on my door startle me awake.

"Go away." I heard Nick say in a quiet voice.

The other voice was louder in response.

"I don't know who the hell you think you are but..."

"You're not coming in here."

"Like hell I am. Where is she?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to distinguish the voice. I sat up quickly and stood to my feet, slowly walking out of my bedroom.

"Ray? What are you doing here?"

Ray began to say something but then stopped, looking over my face and then down at my wrinkled over-sized sweats.

"Have you been crying? Shit. You have haven't you?"

I didn't answer, waiting for him to reply to the previous question.

"You were right and I was wrong. I was so wrong and I'm sorry. I'm not going to be moody and act like a douche tomorrow. I really am sorry."

"You are?"

"I'm incredibly sorry."

"Okay. It still doesn't change the fact that you kissed me and then..."

I trailed off, forgetting that Nick was in the room. Crap. I didn't mean for this to happen. Nick looked livid, like he could punch right through a wall.

"You kissed her?"

I turned to him.

"Nick please just sit down. I'll explain everything once he leaves."

Ray looked hurt.

"I'm not leaving until you forgive me."

"Forgive you? You're serious? So we spend time together and actually have a nice time, next day you hate me. You kiss me and then order me away. Then you show up at Alma's birthday dinner with Anna?"

"I wouldn't have even invited her if you wouldn't have invited him!" He snapped, pointing a finger at Nick.

"Wait! Oh no. Paige told me you were bringing someone way before I went and invited him."

"Yeah it was you!" He screamed.

"What? I'm so confused right now."

Ray sighed running a hand through his dark hair.

"Okay, before Paige even invited you I told her that I was bringing a friend..."

"Yeah I know but that still..."

"Shut up Leigh."

I crossed my arms and waited.

"I told her I was bringing a friend, that friend being you. It was you all along Leigh. I was going to invite you but the next day Paige said you were bringing Nick. When Paige told you I was bringing someone that day she invited you, she was actually talking about you the whole time, she just didn't know it. I didn't even invite Anna until five minutes before the stupid dinner and I only did that because I didn't want to look weak in front of you. It was you. It was you all along that I wanted to be beside that night."

I looked back and forth between Nick and Ray. Dang. What in the hell am I supposed to do now?

A/N

Short chapter here. Thanks for reading. Vote, comment, and share!

Faith <3