Eleven

Mya and I walk down the street in silence. The cold night air makes me shiver a bit. I smile down at Mya while she gawks at something in a store window.
"Xander," she says pulling me over to another store window. "Look." A sword sits in the window.
"You don't strike me as one to like swords," I say. She smiles deviously at me.
"That's the point Xander," she says in a 'duh' voice. I laugh.
"You going to buy it?" I ask. She looks at it again then shakes her head.
"I can't afford it right now," she says looking down at her feet.
"I'll buy it for you," I offer.
"Xander, no I can't let you buy me a sword," she says.
"Sure you can. You say 'Yes. Xander I'd love it and you if you bought me that sword'," I joke. She laughs.
"Xander, you're not buying me.that sword," she defends.
"Alright," I say walking into the store. I pull the sword right out of the display.
"Xander, what are you doing?" she asks. I shush her. I buy it and hand it to her.
"I told you I didn't want you to buy it for me," She says.
"I didn't," I say. "I bought it for me, but I'm letting you borrow it forever," I say. She shakes her head.
"You're always going to find loopholes aren't you?" she asks. I nod. She laughs.
We get back to the apartment and get onto the elevator. Elizabeth gets out and bumps her shoulder on mine. While she does that she puts a piece of paper in my hand. I quickly put it in my pocket before Mya sees. We ride the elevator in silence. We get off she smiles at me and goes inside. I unlock my apartment and head inside. I turn the lights on and walk down the hall to my bedroom. I dress in pajamas and go sit on the couch. I watch the news to see if anything is going on.
"The hero Jade is now the top hero in our beloved city," the reporter says. My mouth opens in surprise. How is she the top hero? I've saved her ass on multiple occasions. I shut the tv off in anger. I stomp off to my room and go to bed.
I hear a scream. I put on my hero outfit and follow the scream. It's coming from the elevator, it's plummeting to the basement. I put a force field around the bottom and fly down.
"Get against the wall," I order. Once I'm sure they have I throw an energy ball at the top, opening the ceiling of the small room. Jade's standing in the elevator. I hop inside. I hold my hand out to her.
"I'll get you out of here," I say. She shakes her head.
"I don't need you," she says. I fly.up and let the force field go so the elevator falls a small way down.
"Okay! Okay! I need your help!" she shrieks. I stop the elevator from falling and hop back inside.
"That's what I thought," I say with a smirk.
"Fuck you," she growls. I grab her hand and fly out of the elevator. It still plummets to the basement floor. She clings to me for dear life. I smirk.
I get to a door and pry open the doors. I step inside. Jade falls to the floor.
"Scared of heights or something?" I ask with a laugh.
"You would be too, you know, if you were normal," she retorts. I act hurt about it.
"Well, at least I don't have to be saved all the time by another hero," I say harshly.
She glares at me. "Listen here, Shadow," she says in a mean tone. "I've been trying, you know, not everyone can have superpowers!" she yells.
"Well, then maybe someone should have better fighting skills," I say. She rolls her eyes, shakes her head and starts to walk away.
"Scared of a little confrontation?" I ask. She turns around and lunges at me.
"You're too much of a prick to be hero!" she screams and tackles me. I throw her off me with ease. She flies into the wall. She swiftly gets back on her feet. She pulls her knife.
"I don't think a hero would try to kill another hero," I say. She runs at me and swings her knife. I jump back. Jade stabs at me. I dodge all of the swings except the last one. It plunges into my stomach. I fall the the ground and cough up blood. Jade stares at me in shock.
"What have I done? Oh my god. What have I done?" she asks herself. My vision fades and I fall into darkness.