𝟔| 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝

CHAPTER SIX:

HOMETREE DESTROYED

THE SUN WAS up, currently hiding behind the white fluffy-looking clouds as it wasn't as bright as it usually was

THE SUN WAS up, currently hiding behind the white fluffy-looking clouds as it wasn't as bright as it usually was. The base all around full of soldiers, scientists and doctors was loud, adding to the many other sounds in the large forests covered in tall trees all around.

About a day had gone by since the group had been taken away from the shack they had been staying in for the last few months and brought out of their avatar bodies without any warning whatsoever, and the Na'vi had decided to do what they planned on doing and attack the sky people for ruining their sacred trees, their home, killing many of them that the humans would be aware of sooner or later and would plan on fighting back.

Inside one of the many rooms on the base, Y/n was sitting up on the bed she had been put in when they were brought back to base, some wires connected to her while others were in her nostrils like usual. By her side, was her mother, Jake and Norm as they all sat in a silence together, the sounds of beeps coming from the machine.

People all around were packing stuff up that they could see from the opened emergency room they were in, a box in their room so they could pack as well. Y/n held a pencil in her hand as she doodled on a piece of paper in her lap while Jake watched.

"You know, they never even wanted us to succeed." Grace speaks up after downing a shot of alcohol. "They bulldozed a sacred site on purpose to trigger a response. Just fabricating this war to get what they want."

"This is how it's done." Jake states, grabbing the book about the Na'vi that Grace had made herself. "When people are sitting on shit that you want, you make them your enemy. Then you're justified in taking it."

Just then, the sounds of rushed footsteps could be heard from down the hallway as Y/n looks in the direction of the sounds, catching sight of Trudy rushing in, her eyes widening underneath her sunglasses when she caught sight of the group and speeding over to them until she speeding towards them and into the room, stopping beside Norm.

"Quaritch is rolling the gunships. He's gonna hit Hometree." Trudy blurts out through her breaths.

The group's eyes all widened in shock while Grace quickly stood up, speeding off with Jake right behind her. After a couple minutes, Y/n found herself walking behind her mother as they speeded into the room where all the pods were in, not caring if she wasn't stable to be walking as much. Jake had been able to convince Selfridge that he would try to talk with the Omaticaya clan into leaving before they could be injured or killed by the machinery of the sky people.

Y/n was quick to get into her pod, ignoring what her mother was saying while Norm helped her before he closed the lid once she was settled in. When she opened her eyes, Neytiri was standing above her with her eyes wide as the three of them were all waking up as she had watched over their bodies for the night. Once Jake claimed he needed to speak with the leaders, they were rushing down the tree and towards them.