Chapter 2 Introduction of interns

All interns went to the conference room and Dr. Sunny handed them all the required things welcome kids, identity cards, punch cards, and hospital brochures, and tell them to go through the brochure before senior doctors came as they can be asked questions regarding the hospital.

Everyone except Sai started to read they were terrified of Virat after witnessing his steely command to Dr. Sunny sometime before.

Dr. Sunny noticed that while everyone is reading Sai was looking towards a picture on the wall. He asked "Dr. Sai you don't like to read?' she smiled "I did my homework previously I know everything which is written in this brochure."

Soon senior doctors, HODs of various departments and the Dean joined them. When he entered the conference room he was wearing the jacket which was in his hand previously and it gave his casual attire a semi-formal look. Though new interns except Sai Joshi were afraid of him but they couldn't help but admire him. Sai's eyes were only focused in him only. He asked every intern to introduce themselves and one by one they introduced themselves.

Dr. Sai Joshi

Dr. Ravi Sharma

Dr. Priyanka Srivastav

Dr. Sourav Roy

Dr. Jyotika Chotala

Dr. Labani Malik

Dr. Rupesh Malhotra

Dr. Ranjan Kashyap

They all were from different medical colleges. So they were introduced formally for the first time. After Virat gave them a little pep talk he introduced all senior doctors and HODs to the interns who will be their mentors for the coming year. Then he asked HODs to give the interns a tour of their departments and tell them about the current situation. They will be allotted duty from the next day. He informed them that they will work in 6 departments per department for 2 months. They will get one off day in the week and have to do two OPD duty, two mornings, three evenings and two night shift each week. In each dept. They will get one month only for word duty and next month they have to do OT duty also.

While he was talking all the girls were drooling over him and was going gaga over his voice. He felt annoyed with this but controlled his temper as he didn't want to burst out on the first day itself. His friend and HOD of Cardiology Dr. Pulkit chuckled at this situation and smiled at his back.

After the introduction and the tour through various dept. Dr. Sunny handed over their duty chart to them. They were also asked to prepare a report about their visit to various dept. And important patients. After they submit their report they were guided toward the interns' common room. After a hectic day, they finally get time to chill out and soon engaged in chatting.

During chatting it was discovered that among them two are in a relationship and two are formally engaged. So soon discussion of their love life started

Ravi is in a relationship with Meghna one of his juniors in medical college. Both of them belong to Lucknow. Jyotika is in a relationship with an engineer who is her brother's friend. Priyanka is engaged officially for 6 months and will soon get married to a doctor at City Hospital. Through a relative, the alliance came but they really get close after engagement. The last one who was engaged is Sai. She was engaged the last year and it was not arranged relationship but an alliance by choice and love. Everyone wanted to hear her love story. And she started

"I was in my 12th and preparing for All India joint for medical as per my parents' dream. I needed help so I asked for help from one of my father's doctor friend. Doctor Uncle told me that he was out of touch for a long but his son who is also a doctor can help me as he was an extraordinary student. I started to go to their home to take tuition from his son regularly.

Soon we fell head over hills in love with each other. As I was that time a school girl so he tried to conceal his thoughts but our mutual feelings won and we confessed after my board and entrance exam, from that period means last 5 years we are in a relationship and when our family came to know they were happy for us and blessed us.

Last year my Dadi got seriously ill and she wanted us to get married but my boyfriend said we will get married at least after I finish my MBBS and my internship only as he believed otherwise I will neglect it but as per elders' wish we got engaged officially last year."

Then they started to ask her about how her fiancé looked and she described him as good-looking, tall, handsome not with many mussels but with lean and well-built figure. That time Virat was passing by she pointed out towards him and said he looks like more or less our dean sir. He heard her words and gave her a glare.

Later when Sai was passing through a less crowded corridor someone pulled her behind a pillar by her arm. First her eye widen in shock and she thought to shout but later smiled as she recognized her fiancé's touch. She kept her hands on his shoulder "so someone missed me a lot. As I remember it was you who told me to maintain a professional relationship in hospital Virat and now you only pulled me behind a pillar for romance. I am proud of myself."

He was annoyed "don't be because I am mad at you. You will be the death of me Sai. I told you that you are here to learn not to flaunt your relationship status. Here I am your boss, your dean not fiancé please remember that, and no need to discuss me with anyone either."

He then hold her hands which were in his shoulder and kept those in her side "call me Sir here and keep your hands to yourself." After giving her a warning he left first she felt upset but soon her lips curved with a mischievous smile as she murmur "soon you will be fade up with my calling you Sir and will beg in front of me to call you by your name. You wanted me to keep my hands to me ok I will make you frustrated with my decency and aloofness now. If I don't bring you in your keens soon then am not Sai. I am handling you for more than 5 years. I know your every mood and every weakness just wait and watch my dear long-term boyfriend and fiancé Dr. Virat".