Chapter 7 - Understanding and Mature Sai

Sai rang the bell of Patralekha's flat who smilingly open the door. Both of them hugged each other and went inside. Patralekha stays alone here from the time her mother shifted with her brother and sister in law. Actually her mother shifted with them as Patralekha didn't listen to her and stay unmarried till her early 30s.

She is elder than Virat and Pulkit though she was their batch mate. Patralekha's mother numerous times tried to get her married with suitable guys but she was in love with her wise widower professor Dr. Sameat from her Medical College.

She professed her love for him many times but he never accepted her love. He always turned her down saying she was her student and he her teacher and memory of his late wife was enough for him to spend his life, he don't need any other woman in his life. They also have a age gap of 10 years. He told her that, that age gap is like a generation gap they can't be ever more than a student and teacher. She proposed him again after she became a full flagged doctor here saying that that time neither she was his student nor he was her teacher but he turned down her again saying once a teacher remains always a teacher, society will never accept this relationship so they should stay in their respective separate paths only. She came dejected.

Her friends Virat and Pulkit helped her move on in life she did but never thought about settle down as her heart always belongs to that man who always rejected her. Her self-respect didn't allowed her try to meet him again or chase him but she decided to spend her life alone. She tried to make her mother understand bur she didn't understand and went to stay with her younger brother and sister in law who never visits her due to taunt of society.

Sai always feels sorry and sympathetic for her and feels angry with society why this society has to intervene in peoples personal life but when they needed this society is nowhere to be seen. The first time she heard Patralekha's story from Virat she felt a bonding towards her and when she saw how badly this independent woman who looks strong to outer world is affected with all this and is passing through a vulnerable phase with a brave face she became one of her support system.

Patralekha also loves Sai like a younger sister. She knew how much Sai feels for her and how she can read from her eyes what others can't. She never expected this maturity from the girl people say Drama queen, immature, trouble maker, tantrum queen, demanding etc. she is really happy for her friend Virat that he got a gem as a life partner.

When she came to know about Virat and Sai first she for split of second felt envious and jealous. That everyone got their love except her. For her prospective that time Virat and Sai's satnd was like Dr. Samrat's and her. She was his student and a school going girl when he was a famous and prestigious doctor. But later these things went away from her mind as she saw them together. They looks beautiful together like made for each other.

Patralekha offered Sai Tea but she said she shared it with Virat. Patralekha teased her for their night together and Sai's chicks turned tomato red in blush. Doctor in Patralekha kicked in and she asked about the protection measure they are taking. Being a gynecologist she was worried for Sai as too much contraceptive pills are not good for health of a woman that can cause complication in fertility, during pregnancy and child birth in future. Sai first felt awkward with this question but understand she asked because she was worried for her. So she told her they are not using any birth control pills but use condoms as protection and her regular gynecological check ups.

Sai and Patralekha spend a good time in the late morning, Sai helped Patralekha to prepare lunch as Virat, Pulkit and Devi also are going to join them for lunch and a buddy time. Sai borrowed a dress from Patralekha and get ready. Virat came first as he was eager to spend some time with his lady love before the lunch starts. Patralekha excused Sai from the work she was doing and pushed her out from kitchen so the love birds can spend few romantic time while she finish the last minutes works in kitchen and lay the table. Sai showed mock anger to him for disturbing her handiwork but later both busted out in laughter.

Virat and Sai sat on the balcony of Patralekha's flat where she set up a garden. They sat there hand in hand and watched Pulkit and Devi were coming holding each other's hand. Sai felt a pain in her heart for Patralekha. All of them get their love except her and she is staying with two couple maximum time who really likes to show PDA. This must be difficult for her but she never shows it.

Sai put her head in Virat's shoulder "Don't you think we should do something for Pakhi Di? Virat who was holding her waist from behind turned her towards him "Please Sai don't try to do anything for Pakhi, me and Pulkit worked hard to make her agree to move on in her life and live her life, it needed us 6 months of convincing to pull her out from her depressive state so please don't dig it for me." She didn't wanted to fight with him so early and knew that if she insist the they will end up having a fight only but she couldn't stop from saying her mind also "OK fine. I will not dig the matter for you. But seriously do you think she is happy and moved on in her life completely?" he shook his head "I know she didn't moved on completely but she is living, she is smiling she is thinking beyond that complicated man. You haven't seen her totally depressed, crying 24*7 and left the life behind."

She understood his fear of seeing her again in that state. She nodded her head "I knew Dr. Samrat as he was also my professor and I felt that he also has some feelings for Pakhi Di but he never acknowledge in fear of society can't we make him realize his feelings." He looked to his girl who thinks about everyone, he came here early to spend some cozy time with her and here she is worried for his friend and thinking how to bring happiness in her life also. He felt proud of his Sai hugged her tight "I appreciate your thoughts Baby but it's not possible, he is a complicated man with ghost of past, the baggage of guilt and fears society a lot. Leave it my love." She gave the topic as she lost in the love her boyfriend was showering on her.