Chapter 39

Without saying any more words,he used the dagger to pierce and slice his skin as the man begged for forgiveness.

But he did not stop,he continued slicing and his skin even harder.

His cries disturbed Edgar that he cut his cheek in anger.

The poor man shouted his lungs out and immediately, Edgar used all his might and stabbed him once and for all.

The lifeless body laid down as the pool of blood oozed from his body.

"This is what happens when you try to run from me."He said and turned."Take this lifeless filth from me."

"Yes master."

"Wait."Edgar commanded."About Tydis' death. We have to do a funeral for him. He has been dedicated and loyal."

"Yes master."He said and took the body from his face.

"And don't forget to clean this mess or you know what will happen next."Edgar said.

"Yes... master."The other said.

Quickly,he left with Petra behind him.

*******

The first day of training had been done.
For Leila,she wasn't that good. She would always let herself be beaten easily by Zenith.
But he didn't care. Since he had become her teacher,no sort of emotions would prevent him from hitting her.

"I'm tired."Leila said and tiredly threw her body on the chair.

"You just started."Zenith replied stroking his hair."Have you given up yet?"

"No...Just tired. But if you were in my shoes, you would have done that."

"Hm..."He scoffed."Yes. Your mom is missing but in this situation, if I were in your shoes I will not even let tiredness let me down."

"But...I'm trying."She said and stood up."I need rest.... don't I?"

"To me, no but when the time comes,you will know when to rest and when not to."

He passed by and left."Just master these moves for now. When you're done,call me."

That was it. She was alone,in the battle ground.

Indeed what Zenith had said was true and she regretted not noticing that early.

With the spear in her hand,she started fighting, learning the moves Zenith had taught her.

Meanwhile, Zenith was behind the door and smiled.
At least,she listened to his advice.

*********
Kayla,who was in the kitchen eating some apples was interrupted by Lenali.

"I see you're busy."She said and came to her."I need to talk to you."

"Go on."She said with the apple bites in her mouth."I'm listening."

She breathed."Ezra has said many things about you. You're very capable but you just don't know it."

"Hold on. I am capable and I know it."She said."And forgive me for cutting you off. That's not how I am."

"We need people like you. People who can be snakes under grasses. People who can easily blind others by the way they are or do their things."

"What do you mean?"

She asked waiting eagerly for Leinali to answer her only question.