Chapter 45

"It seems I have seen the main character here."She said softly but coldly."But will she stay to enjoy this world? Let's see."

Without any more words,she quickly jumped to wherever she was going.

Leila slowly peeked at the figure but gladly it wasn't there.

She sat on the floor as she held her heart."Thank God."She said."But who was that?"

*************
Zenith came from his room and headed to see Leinali who would have probably be in her majestic study and gladly she was.

"Aunt?"Zenith said."Can I come in?"

"Yes you can."She replied.

Seeing the expression on Zenith's face,she felt concerned about him.

"Have a seat."

And gladly he did.
"But what brings you here and why are you worried."

He breathed heavily. "It's about someone I had seen."

"Continue."She said.

"After Edgar had taken Leila's mother,I was present but....I didn't do anything. I couldn't make her know I was not fully human."He replied.

"And...."

"I teleported her to her house and saw her family picture. "He said."He was part of it."

"And who could that be?"She asked eager to know what he would say next.

He saying nothing made Leinali a bit suspicious of him so she stood up and took an old picture of her late love.

"Is it him?"She asked with tears in her eyes."Is it?"

The tone of her voice prevented Zenith from saying what was in his mind. But he had to. Even if it might sting a bit.

He nodded and lowered his gaze.

Leinali became speechless and of course, shocked. For she had known that man and he had now become the father of two beautiful girls.

The images of she and him started to appear in her mind. They were once lovers until he got to know she wasn't human.

He would have decided to kill her or harm her but he didn't.

He left her with her unborn child for good.
It would have led to chaos if he would have stayed there longer. But every week,he would always converse with her on his smart gadget watch.

Even though he married Susan,a half egyptian half south african, Leinali understood but they would still talk to each other.

But it was when he died that made life much harder for Leinali and her son especially.

She was centuries older than him. About five thousand and more but he did not care.

He was only twenty-five years and an american too.
For he was glad to meet a woman like Leinali and a world so different from the physical realm and he had learnt to appreciate all sorts of creatures as well as they don't use their power for evil.

And that was what Leinali missed about him the most.

************

"You killed him."She said with tears."why?"

He wanted to defend himself but could not find the words to say.
"I was... depressed and angry by then."He said sadly."I'm sorry."

"Then I will say there is no difference between you and Edgar."She said."Zenith what have you done? You made life hard for me and July."

"I...."He cried."I'm sorry."

But she cut him off."You have killed the most wonderful man and if Leila finds out Zenith,she will never forgive you."