Chapter Fifteen - Godric's Hollow

Word Count: 3,010 words. 

Warnings: None. 

We had moved two more times since that night and Hermione and I were no closer to finding where the Sword was. Or where the rest of the Horcruxes were.

It had kept me tied down and in the moment. Helping Hermione search through her books to try and find something that would help us. Sometimes I felt like I was back in school. Back in the comfort of one of the only places I had called home. I imagined that I was back in the Slytherin Common Room, sitting on those green couches and talking to my family. It was funny how much you missed memories when you've lost them.

We were sat on a rocky cliff, the tent behind us. I had three books place beside me, each open on different pages. I turned my eyes over to the girl for a moment to find her reading the book gifted to her by Dumbledore.

Except she wasn't reading any of the Tales of Beedle the Bard, but was rather studying the front page where a symbol settled in the top right hand corner.

"The Deathly Hallows," I breathed, earning the bushy-haired girl's attention.

"You know the symbol?" she asked

I took the book from her hands, examining the ink closer. "It's the Deathly Hallows, a wizarding myth."

It wasn't a myth and I knew it wasn't. My eyes instinctively turned to the tent. My bag sat inside somewhere, the Elder Wand within it. I wondered had anyone found it. Was it safe? I needed to hold it.

"What does it mean?" Hermione asked me and I shook my head, responding.

"It's a story in here, I think," I told her. "About three brothers who were given gifts from Death. The Elder Wand, the Resurrection Stone and the Cloak of Invisibility."

"Which Harry has?" Granger posed.

My eyes widened slightly. "I forgot about that."

"Hermione?" Harry voice asked and we both turned out eyes to the edge of the forest where the very boy we were talking about emerged. "You were right."

"So nothing new then?" I commented as Potter approached, taking his seat in between the two of us. He sent me a small glare.

"Snitches have flesh memory," he began, "Hermione thought that it might open when I touched it."

"That explains why the Minister was looking at you expectantly," I added.

"But I didn't catch the first snitch with my hand," Harry continued with a perked brow.

"You fell of you broom and swallowed it whole," I remembered, laughing lightly at the image in my mind.

He held the snitch out to the two of us, showing the words that were now etched into the gold.

"I open at the close," Hermione read.

"What do you think that mean?" he asked her.

"I don't know," she replied shortly with a shake of her head, "but Lyra and I found something else."

"Hermione found it. I knew what it was," I corrected.

Granger handed the small book to Harry, pointing out the symbol in the corner. "At first I thought it was an eyes, then a rune, but then Lyra recognised it."

"It's the Deathly Hallows," I began to explain. "Wand, stone and cloak."

"I'm not familiar with the story," Harry told the two of us.