Chapter One

Kelly was now seventeen years old. Her mother wanted to give her more responsibilities, but Kelly didn't want them. She wasn't ready. She didn't think that she could ever kill anyone ever again, and she didn't plan to. This caused more tension between her and Donna. It would be so much easier if Normani was the future alpha instead of her. She closed her bedroom door and jumped on her bed. Ready to cry herself to sleep like she normally does. She was such a disappointment and failure to her family. She didn't see the sleeping body wrapped up in her covers.

"Ow! What the hell?" Normani sat up rubbing her forehead. "Are you trying to kill me?"

"My bad, Mani. I forgot that you were sleeping over." Kelly placed a kiss on Normani's forehead. "How did you get in here? I didn't hear you come in."

"Your window. The less your mom and my mom know about my whereabouts, the better." Normani laid back down. Normani's mother Serena has been a colossal pain in Normani's ass lately. She has been forcing her to go on dates with respectable women from other packs. None of them really stuck out besides one. Her name was Megan. She was funny, smart, and down to earth. However, neither one of them could see them being more than friends. The rest were exactly the same. Rich, entitled, spoiled, and arrogant brats. That wasn't what Normani wanted to deal with for the rest of her life.

Kelly nodded. "You got that right." She climbed into the covers. "Goodnight Mani."

Normani yawned. "Goodnight Kelly." She closed her eyes. Within seconds, she was knocked out.

Kelly wasn't tired. She decided that she would look through her phone.

>>>

Beyoncé growled and spit out the fresh blood from her mouth. "I am going to make you regret that." She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

"Get up, bitch!" The male rogue laughed cockily. He was a tall black man that had been taunting them for months. "I am going to teach you a lesson before I kill you. If you beg loud enough, I might just keep you alive to be my little play thing. My name is Oliver by the way."

Beyoncé burst out laughing. "A black man named Oliver?! This is a first for me. No wonder why you're a rogue. I just know you got bullied a lot as a child with that lame ass name. Your parents didn't love you?"

Oliver's jaw ticked. "Sticks and stones, little girl."

"What?" Beyoncé settled into her stance. "Did I strike a nerve, Ollie?"

"Enough talking." Oliver charged at his opponent.

Beyoncé dodged Oliver's punches. That first hit was a sucker punch that had caught her off guard. Now that she was focused, she could see how sloppy the man's offense was. Beyoncé ducked and jabbed his side with a right hook. She felt the pressure of bones, crushing under the man's skin. She heard him groan. She didn't let up as she kicked the man's knee, knocking it out of place. She connected a series of punches to his face before she extended her claws and ripped the rogue's neck and throat to shreds. She smiled down at the lifeless corpse before her. She stepped over the body. "Take your leader and your dead and go!" Beyoncé yelled as her pack threw the rest of his men onto the ground. Some were wounded and some were healed by then. If her mother was there, she would have told her to kill the rest of the men, so they could never come back. "On second thought." She smiled mischievously. "Kill them all!"

"Yes Alpha!" The members of the black crescent pack carried out her orders with no hesitation. She turned on her heels and got on her dirtbike. The sound of screams and crushing bones were behind her. She started her bike and drove off down the path towards the pack house. She took a shower to scrub all of the blood off of herself. She had bits and pieces of flesh in her hair, so she had to wash it as well. She felt like she was in the bathroom for days. Once she was sure that every nook and cranny had been cleaned, she finally let herself lay down onto her bed. It was way past midnight by then. She looked at her phone. She wondered what Kelly was doing. They have been texting each other from time to time since they met, but they've never called each other. She was probably sleeping. She thought to herself seconds before the phone fell onto her face. "Ow! That really hurt." To make matters worse, Beyoncé accidently pressed the call button. "Shit!" She sat up. In the midst of her panic, she threw her phone to the other side of the bed. Her phone stopped ringing, and she heard a sweet voice from the other end of the line. She froze.