𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

═══════════════

geto was almost certain that since he had uttered those words, he had not drawn in a single breath for fear that he might miss anything that you said.

your body had stilled upon hearing geto's question. it was unrealistic, but you had truly thought it was a subject that could have been forgotten about.

you sat up from where you were seated on the bed, but your head remained low, "geto, i— "

"l/n, you don't have to lie for the sake of my feelings. so say what it is that you need to say. i'll be fine." geto slowly drew in a breath before releasing it. his hands that were encased around each other were becoming sweaty. he ran his hands down the side of his joggers in a futile attempt to settle his nerves.

you looked up to meet geto's gaze as he nervously ran a hand through his hair.

"i'm sorry," you spoke.

the dark haired boy looked away abruptly. suddenly feeling unable to hear your reply, as if the words would be unbearable.

"geto i lied to you. or rather i still am."

he looked up, brows knitting in confusion.

"gojo and i aren't really together. it was all for the sake of his plan, so that the stalker would reveal themselves. but now it's gotten worse and they've dragged you into this mess too."

geto truly thought as if his heart would stop right there and then. 

a sudden rush of heat flowed to his cheeks and up to the tips of his ears, painting them a light rouge. he used his hand to cover the lower half of his face, hiding his joy and embarrassment, as he recalled the words he had said at the party and how blatant he had displayed his now unwarranted jealousy.

since the day of the party, a large proportion of your thoughts had been occupied by what geto had said and what you had almost told him. you had been aware of the way you felt towards him – the heat of that moment almost had forced the words out – but you would never had guessed that geto would feel the same, or rather even more.

yet, a small part of you was in doubt. it was inexplicable but it was present. if geto truly did like you, it would certainly complicate a lot of things.

and maybe that was why you said, "but still aren't we just friends?" 

geto was pulled out of his reverie at your words. he gave a small mirthless laugh, with no intent of belittling. all he wanted was to convey how he felt.