Prologue

Skylar Rae Montgomery was just a normal girl from Portland, Oregon. She had two loving parents and an overprotective older brother, who even though he taunts and teases her at the end of the day would do anything for her.

She grew up in a nice neighborhood and when she was fourteen she was accepted into a private high school in Las Vegas and her parents sent her to the school because it was a good opportunity for her. So Syke went to live with her grandmother in Vegas.

You may be wondering why I've mentioned that and well because it's important to the story see, because if that never happened then Skye wouldn't have met Mason which was not the fairytale love story that she thought it was, but we'll talk more about that later.

Back to the topic at hand, if she hadn't met, fell in love with and married Mason, then she wouldn't have met him… the best thing that ever happened to her, Spencer Reid.

Skye Montgomery was something that Spencer hadn't expected to crash right into his life, literally he crashed into her spilling her iced coffee all over her.

But if you asked him what he would change about their meeting, he'd shake his head with a smile and say "nothing." He might not have expected her but he would swear that she was the best thing that happened to him.

The bubbly blonde brought out a different side of him, a side that he didn't even know he had, if you asked him what his favorite thing about Skye was…. The answer he'd give would be "her eyes. The way that they would light up when she laughed or that just staring into her bright blue eyes could just make all of his problems fade away."

His favorite memories of them are the nights they would spend up on the roof of their apartment building with a bottle of Tequila… surprising right since he rarely ever drinks but with her he would do anything as long as it was illegal of course.

But all good things come to an end eventually, Skye was running from her past but Spencer had no idea about it, and her past caught back up to her forcing her to leave Spencer in the middle of the night with nothing but a letter… but she did what she did to protect him.

And given the chance she'd do it again in a heartbeat if it meant that the love of her life would be safe. But unknown to any of them at the time Skye was taking a little piece of Spencer with her when she left.

***
Welcome to the new and improved version of Tequila since I lost the whole book, I get to start from scratch.

Please read this at your own risk and if any of the things mentioned trigger you please just take precautions and be safe, that being said, this is a Criminal Minds book so there will be mentions of blood and gore and stuff like that but also slight mentions of SA not descriptive just hinted that it happened.

So please proceed with caution if anything like that triggers you.