Two

Kanae never laughed so hard in her entire laugh. Here she is in Makima's office to give her report and she sees Aki with his arm around their new partner, Denji.

"Hayakawa's got assaulted by the testicle devil!" Denji lied. It was clear to Kanae that they didn't like each other.

"That's a lie," Aki panted to Makima. Even though he's tired and in pain, Kanae can practically feel Aki's glare at Denji.

But that didn't stop her from laughing, which got the attention from the three.

"I don't think they'll get along, Miss Makima," Kanae giggled as she walked further into the office. Denji's eyes widened before they trailed toward the devil's breasts. Kanae held her hands behind her back as she gave Aki a playful wink. "Especially if Aki can't protect himself from the testicle devil."

"Kanae," Aki grumbled under his breath. He hoped that her mission would take long so she wouldn't meet Denji, but things weren't going his way today. He looked at Denji to see his eyes were still on Kanae's chest. Anger bubbled inside Aki's chest as he punched Denji's side. "Knock it off!"

Makima tilted her head to the side as she watched the trio react with each other. "Well, I hope they get along. Denji's going to going Hayakawa's squad," she informed them.

All three had different reactions; Kanae looked really happy to have another squad mate, Aki was clearly annoyed, and Denji was disgusted.

"Work with this brat?!" Aki whined. "I've got enough pains in the ass already, don't I? Getting one more freak -"

Aki and Denji jumped when they felt a dark aura near them. Kanae was side glaring Aki as her voice got scarcely low as she sneered, "Who are you calling a freak?"

In that moment, Aki knew, he fucked up.

"Kanae -" he began. Luckily Makima interrupted him before Kanae decides to rip Aki's hair.

"I told you when I made the squad that I was going to try to start an experimental system no one else had tried," she said.

Kanae looked at Denji as he let out a very loud yawn. "Is he like me?" she wondered.

"No, Kanae. Denji is a human, but he can become a devil." Kanae mentally sighed in relief.

Denji gave Aki a smug grin and gloated, "How's that? Awesome right?"

Kanae gave her best fake smile, which didn't go unnoticed by Aki. "Very!" she exclaimed.

"He's unique," Makima continued. "So that's why he's getting special treatment. If he quits the Public Safety Bureau or violates any rules or anything like that, he'll be taken care of like any other demon."

Denji paled. "Uh, what do you mean?"

Kanae held her finger up and over her neck before she "slit" her throat with a slashing noise.

"Is there anything else you need, Kanae?" Makima asked with a light smile.

Kanae stood up straighter and said, "No, Ma'am. I'm just wanted to tell you the Bee Devil won't be using his stinger any longer!"

"Good job."

"Permission to leave so I can go home and sleep?!"

Denji looked at the devil confusingly. It was strange to him how she's acting like a soldier to Makima when she's playful toward him and Aki.

"You can leave."

Kanae bowed before she quickly left the room. Aki turned to talk to her, but she glared at him one last time before slamming the door shut.