3.my good friend.3

----

"I don't care what time you went to bed as long as you get your ass up right now."

With a dragged out groan, YN reluctantly drags herself off of her safe haven, her lord and savior, her best friend, her- her bed.

"You better not be late to class, YN!" Her guardian says as she slams the younger's door shut.

Sighing, YN rubs her eyes and puts on her uniform. She replaces her blue blazer with a puffy jacket of a similar color along with matching sneakers. Concluding that this outfit was good enough, YN opens her phone to see the replies on the group chat she made when she was half asleep. She skims through the texts, processing the proposed shared gift with everyone's agreement and waiting for the person who fell asleep on them. With a quick text saying she'll pitch in and a yawn, YN leaves her room.

Almost immediately, YN's adoptive grandmother shoves a brown paper bag her way.

"Take this as breakfast and lunch," the old woman says as she pushes YN out of the door. "Have a good day!"

The door shuts behind YN.

Her solo walk to the high school was cut short a few steps in as she encounters a familiar face. There in front of her stood the handsome Daniel in all his glory, sporting a warm smile with a friendly wave. Can you believe that she's friends with this absolute angel? He is incredibly naïve, but he is also incredibly adorable.

"Let's walk to school together!"

With a smile of her own, YN agrees and the two walk shoulder to shoulder, earning their fair share of stares along the way.

As they enter the building, YN tries and fails to ignore the loud whispering from the side characters around her. A certain comment was said that spread like wildfire, observed by the listening YN and missed by the oblivious Daniel.

They were poor.

YN didn't give a shit about what others thought of her. She and her current caretaker lived a comfortable life, some high schoolers gossiping about how rich she was didn't bother her. However, she wasn't stupid. Money has always been a staple of power and status. But was she about to let people look down on her just for that? No.

Putting aside her thoughts, she looks to her side to Daniel. How could anyone turn on this sweet boy?

All it takes is Daniel's content little smile for her to decide to confront the gossipers. As she opens her mouth and turns to the nearest one, she gets pulled to the side by an annoyed looking Jay. Knowing the silent and observant blonde, he probably heard the new rumor of them being poor. Jay conveys to YN to address her confused look, It's not worth it to start something with them now. Plus, I just figured out another gift to give.

YN then gives him a questioning look for a moment before sighing and nodding. Before she could ask the other what the gift was and if she could pitch in and help, the teacher finally entered for the first time ever and yelled at everyone to shut up and get ready for class.

----

As soon as school ended, both YN and Jay were quick to pack up their things to leave. Almost as if the two were in a race, they shot up out of their seats at the same time. However, Jay was quicker to walk away than YN. As she was about to call out to him to ask about the new gift, both of them stopped when Daniel called out first.

"See you tomorrow Jay, YN!"

Daniel gave the two a smile before his phone rang, catching his attention and quickly answering. The two return the smile, quietly watching him pick up the phone and greeting what seemed to be his mother. Instead of staying to hear the conversation, YN lightly smacks Jay's arm and motions for him to leave with her. He follows her out the door and down the hall to the architecture department.