5.frustration.5

YN was convinced that she ruined things with the person she considered one of her best friends. It was technically too early to tell, but after Daniel bolted out of her house like that, it was extremely likely. She prays that it wasn't true; she didn't want to lose Daniel as a friend. She should have stopped herself, why couldn't she just have more self control?

YN was furious at herself. She also felt extremely guilty. That's when YN resolved to apologize to Daniel as soon as she could.

YN wasn't able to talk to Daniel at all since she got to the school, as she didn't want to cause more trouble after already arriving late. Multiple times, YN would glance over at Daniel who remained stiffly focused on the board. YN was practically counting down the minutes until lunch arrived.

The long awaited moment finally arrived. YN was quick to stand up, shooting out if her seat the moment the bell rang. Somehow, Daniel was faster. It seems his nerves allowed him to move quicker, significantly quicker as he basically sprints out of the classroom. Letting out a frustrated sigh, YN plops back down onto her chair. This caused the worried Jay to finally speak up, in the way Jay does. YN noticed his worried glances between the two, but chose to ignore it until now.

"I think Daniel is mad at me," YN whines, massaging her temple. "No, I can't really tell you why. Sorry." She wasn't sure if Daniel would want people knowing what they did, regardless of who.

Jay gently taps her shoulder to make her look at him, I'm sure it'll pass over soon. Whatever happened can't mean he'll avoid you forever.

YN quietly nods, even though she knew that him avoiding her forever was completely probable. Especially if he regrets what he did. But didn't YN warn him multiple times before? She tried to prevent something like this to happen, but he said he wanted to do it anyway. Why is he reacting like this then?

With a loud sigh, YN stands up again and motions for Jay to follow her out. "Let's get to lunch."

He follows, quietly trailing behind her. The two walk in and get their trays of food, generating a few whispers. However, most attention was on Daniel and his table. There, he was sitting with two shorter guys. Based off everyone's reactions, the two were likely at the bottom of the social pyramid. And while YN commends him for not caring about his image and hanging out with whoever he wants, she can't help but worry. Though, he's probably good looking enough to escape any negative backlash from stupid shallow people.

YN doesn't waste another moment and speeds to his table, barely making sure that Jay was following.

Instead of being able to finally confront the good looking male, a cup comes flying towards her face. Time seems to stop for every onlooker, expecting the cup to hit YN's face. Much to everyone's surprise, YN catches the cup from pure reflex. With a low sigh, she looks to the attacker and then to his intended target, Duke. The one who threw the cup was one of the people from yesterday, who seemed faintly worried for almost hitting a girl before realizing who the girl was. Immediately, his expression changes into a scowl.

"You're the bitch from yesterday," he sneers, sitting up in his chair.

"Do you need me to drag you by your hoodie again?" YN questions as she throws the cup back at him with full force that he barely dodges in time.

"Hey, Vin Jin," Zack starts, shifting attention to him. "Get it yourself. Is your hand broken?"

Vin Jin glances between YN, Daniel, Zack, and Jay standing to the side glaring daggers at him through his thick bangs. With a scoff, he stands up.

"You wanna get fucked up?" Vin Jin glares with his hands in his pockets, sporting a relaxed stance.

"I'm pretty sure that you were the ones about to get fucked up yesterday," YN remarks while Zack and his followers also stand.