6.friends.6

Each department in the school was required to make some sort of profit off of the festival. And honestly? YN was lost.

What the hell were the girls supposed to be doing?

She knows that the beauty department had women cutting hair in their stall, but some guy with blue hair was the only one working. All the other departments? All of them. Men.

Even her own department. Only the guys had to be sold in the auction for later and only the guys seemed to be the ones required to make the profit. The department was supposed to be putting on a fashion show, but most people weren't even participating in it. Zack Lee and his followers were doing a stand, but only to get out of the auction. She felt a little bad for Daniel for automatically being put into the auction, but ignored the feeling as they were still not talking.

It seemed like the girls could do whatever they wanted.

So that's exactly what YN did. She wandered around the stalls, buying some of the bread from the struggling baking department and claiming her free coffee. She rolls her eyes at the desperate girls waiting in line to get their hair absolutely butchered by some pretty boy of the beauty department.

Walking along further, she spots the architecture department. Taking a closer look, she sees Vasco looking on at the line of buff guys with a sad expression. YN can't help but smile sympathetically as she walks to the group. The scary looking men welcome her and Vasco's expression immediately lightens up.

"You're doing great everyone!" YN encourages with a smile, then turning to Vasco with an even sweeter one. "Keep up the good work Vasco!"

Vasco thanks the girl, his expression no longer one of sadness as he looks at the line of men, but determination. YN stuck around for a few matches, cheering the leader with every victory. She purposely chose to miss the fashion show put on by her department, not wanting to be associated with what would obviously embarrassing for them all. After once glimpse of the models, YN was glad she wasn't there.

The next major event came quickly, the auction. YN would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't at least slightly curious as to what would happen.

So she joins in the crowd, getting a spot towards the front of the stage where the guys would be auctioned off. Besides her was Zoe and Mira, one with a bidding sign and the other uninterested. The mc, the highest earner from last year's auction, explained the rules that YN didn't care to listen to and the first guy was up. It was someone from the practical music department, playing with his soft looking hair. He had nice hair, but that was probably the only nice thing about him. It was surprising that he got more than 20$.

Next was the shy guy from the baking department, whose cute charm got himself 80$.

The next one took YN by surprise. It turns out that the pretty boy from the beauty department was none other than Eli Jang, the very man who YN was supposed to find. The man that Olly has been looking for for years. YN could barely stop her jaw from dropping in shock. The Eli Jang that stood on that stage in front of her was completely unrecognizable, no wonder no one was able to find him.

YN debated whether bidding for Eli would be a good idea. But unfortunately, she was broke and beating the 500 dollars from the combined efforts of his department wouldn't be possible. Rubbing her temple in frustration, YN decides to deal with the situation later and focus on the next person.

Her friend from the architecture department, Vasco. At first, the reaction was positive. And then he got nervous and his face morphed into an extremely menacing expression, which killed off any interest.