Dinner with Dylan

I'm waiting near the cafeteria entrance, swaying on both my feet.

Are my teenage dreams going to come true? Am I about to date a senior boy?

The clock is ticking away and I don't see him anywhere and my hopes are fading, replaced by doubts. Is he even coming?

I pull out my phone:

          Peytonn🍿: Where are you?

I wave at Abigelle, who just spotted me. She is sitting with four people, her friend group. There are Leila, Asher, Luis and Virginia. She told me their names and so I tried to remember them. I can say I achieved that successfully!

I survey the rest of the filled tables, observing the multiple friend group. Some students are laughing together while others are eating in silence, scotched to their cellphones. Others are literally wearing glasses and doing their homework. Cliché much? 

The noise in the room is almost soothing, with all the different tones of voices. The heels of my black boots (inspired by Jane's) kick impatiently the wall behind me. I check my cellphone. 

          dylan.smith: Come outside. 

          Peytonn🍿: Why?

          dylan.smith: Infront of the school..!

I shrug, swinging my schoolbag back on my shoulders. I can't understand why I need to meet him outside when he said we would eat in the cafeteria. 

   "Oh my... Wow!", I gasp. "Is it yours?", I ask, still standing in front of it.

   "Yes. Completely mine. I know though that it is a bit over the top.", he smiles.

I don't know if he is joking right now. But, anyway.

He has a car.

It's so cool!

   "Hop in!", he tells me, reaching for the door handle to open the passenger door for me.  

I look around before walking, all giggly, to his car, which is parked next to the sidewalk. The red Bentley suits Dylan well, he looks so cool. And so do I now, since I'm hanging out with him.

   "Where do you want to eat?"

He is letting me choose? Gosh, what a gentleman.

   "Um, I don't know. Can we get some drive-through?"

   "Yes ma'am."

The motor of his car roars a bit before we zoom off far away from TS High.

We are sitting in Dylan's Bentley and I can't help but squirm around in my seat. My packet of fries and my cheeseburger are set on my laps. My drink, a diet coke, is positioned between my thighs. I chuckle to myself, praying he doesn't sense how uneasy I am. 

   "So... What do you do in life?"

   "Like, what are my passions?"

He nods.

   "Well, I like theatre, I aspire to become an actress one day."

Dylan keeps on agreeing to what I'm blabbering about during all the lunchtime. At one time, I'm pretty sure he is tired of hearing me speak and I'm not sure if my guess was right as he begins speaking:

   "Peyton..."

   "Yeah..?"

   "Let's say I want to see you again, when would you be free? I really liked hanging out with you today."

What? Of course, I want him! I grin widely, opening the calendar app on my cellphone.