Chapter 3

A house. Small but cozy. Surely this was it. Fumiko had been running for a week now, trying to find him. Because she was only half demon, she didn't burn in sunlight, so she travelled faster than the average demon.
She knocked on the door, and heard a "Come in," from inside. He had Yoriichi's voice, so she opened the door.
"Oh, it's you from that night, isn't it?" Yoriichi asked.
"Yes, it's me," Fumiko agreed. "I sort of got kicked out from my home so I'm asking if I can maybe stay here with you for a while?"
"Of course," Yoriichi smiled as he showed her in. It was quite comfortable, and Fumiko was shocked at how nice it was in the small shack. "I have an idea," Yoriichi said. "Why don't you become a demonslayer and learn sun breathing?" he asked.
"Um...alright," Fumiko said as she followed Yoriichi to what looked like the training grounds.
"I will teach you sun breathing, the original form of breathing, and the most powerful," Yoriichi explained. "Sun breathing, first form, dance!" He used his sword and slashed a vertical strike that flames trailed after. Fumiko looked on.
"Before you can master that, however," Yoriichi said. "You first need to learn total concentration breathing. With this, your stamina will increase, you will become faster and stronger, and you can perform breathing techniques. You need to inhale the max amount of air you can in a specific pattern, and brace your lower body while relaxing your upper body."
"It sounds complicated," Fumiko commented.
"It's not really once you've got the hang of it," Yoriichi admitted. "I've never asked you, have I? What's your name? I'm Yoriichi."
"I'm Fumiko, a half-demon," she introduced.
"So not... fully demon?" Yoriichi asked.
"I was born to a human mother and a demon father," she said.
"I didn't know demons could even have children," Yoriichi said.
"Well, I'm proof they can," Fumiko said.
"Yes you are," Yoriichi smiled at the child. "So shall we get straight into training?"
"Yes!" Fumiko exclaimed. She followed Yoriichi's movements and quickly got the hang of concentration breathing, and started swinging the sword Yoriichi lent her. It was easy work- until she started learning sun breathing itself.