𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚~𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

{1049 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔}

"Beep. Beep. Beep." The woman reached over shutting off her alarm. "Would it really be that bad to call in sick?" She asked herself as she rubbed her face and stared at her ceiling. Then she heard the rain.

Rain down poured outside of Ophelia Hopes small apartment. She hated it. She hated how it reminded her of those cheesy ass romantic comedies, where they guy would confess his love to a girl as she ran off in the rain. Or the ones where they would throw rocks at the window to gain their attention before confessing their love. Maybe it was because it was unrealistic or maybe it was because it was something she could never have. She'd been in a few relationships and only one lasted a bit over a year. She thought they were the one considering they weren't as controlling or as toxic as her previous partners, but when you catch that person in bed with a random stranger those thoughts fly out the window.

Crawling out of her comfortable bed, where she was nestled in the night before, she groaned stretching her limbs. Small patters of her cats paws could be heard coming towards her room. "Hi, Honey." She cooed picking up the white cat. Honey was only two, fairly young, she got her name from the fact that a week after Ophelia adopted her, she had gotten into a jar of honey. After feeding her cat, Ophelia showered, changed and applied some light makeup. "I'll be back later, sweet girl. Don't rip up the curtains again. I can't afford new ones." She smiled petting the feline before heading to her job. Walking into the small café she was hit with the sent of coffee and pastries, a sent she loved. Drying off best she could she threw on her apron before heading to the front of the café and opening it to the public. It was smooth and slow for the day, which was normal. Until a group of boys walked in. "Welcome, what can I get for you today?" She asked looking up from the screen and plastering the costumer service smile onto her face.

"I'll do a medium coffee with two creams and two sugars. Larry? Tanner?" The first man asked the other two.

"Oh, I'll take an orange juice and a cheese, egg and bacon croissant." The long haired man answered.

"And I'll take a black coffee and a cinnamon roll." The brown haired man said pulling out his wallet.

"Can I get a name for the order?"

"Tanner." He said before paying for the food and drinks.

"Alright, I'll call it out once it's ready." She smiled handing him the receipt before walking off to prepare the drinks and food. After getting it ready and placing it on a tray to make it easier to carry she called out the name. "Tanner?" She called out and he stood up to take the order. He was quite attractive and she couldn't help the blush that dusted her cheeks when their hands brushed against each other for a second.

They ate and left. Like normal customers, Ophelia hoped maybe the tallest one would ask for her number. But he didn't spare a glance as he walked out. She shrugged it off as he did. She had her share of attractive customers and when they'd leave she'd just shrug it off. Her day went on like normal. She delt with annoying customers and the nicer ones. After her work she walked home, crossing the street though she was met with honking and bright lights.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Ophelia opened her eyes to the white lights of the hospital room. Moving her left arm to cover her face she was met with the plaster of the blue cast on her arm. "There she is." She heard the nurse say next to her. "I've brought you some water. Your throat is probably really dry." She handed the water to Ophelia. Ophelia drank it, instantly feeling the cool water help her throat.
"How're you feeling?"

"Like I've been hit by a truck."

"Close, it was a Subaru." The nurse said as Ophelia chuckled. "You've had a lot of visitors. Well, three main ones."

"Who?"

"A tall brown haired man with a beard. Another brown haired boy, but his hair was shaggier. And a young blonde woman." She described.

"Tanner. Nick. Nicole." Ophelia mumbled.

"Well, I'm done with everything. Any questions before I let them in?"

"How long will I be here?"

"We'll keep you under watch for two more days. Then you'll get to go home."

"How long will I have these?" She gestured to the brace on her leg and the cast on her arm.

"Four weeks for the cast and two weeks for the brace."

"Okay. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'm going to let them in now. Be warned I think the shaggy haired boy went a bit overboard with the get well soon gifts." She said making Ophelia giggle.

Nicole walked into the room without hesitation. She was very eager to see her sister. Nick walked in and placed the gifts he had for her on the table and a couple on a chair. Tanner couldn't move. He was terrified to go in. Would she forgive him? Would she yell at him? Would she tell him to leave? What was going to happen when he walked in? He slowly walked into the room and it fell quiet. "We'll leave you two alone." Nicole said as she grabbed Nick's hand and dragged him out of the room. Tanner sat in the chair next to her bed, the same one he had slept in for the past week and a half.

"I'm so sorry." They both said after the silence of the room was killing them.

"I shouldn't have shouted at you. I shouldn't have scared you off."

"You didn't scare me off. You could never scare me off. I should've responded to your text. I never meant to make you feel like I left. I would never leave you. I should've said I love you." He said as he grabbed her hand and held it.

"Say it now."

"Ophelia Hope, I love you. My heart is filled by you."

"Tanner Ludgate, I love you more than I can express."