Chapter 22: Story of the Queen IV

Chapter 22: 
Story of the Queen IV

(Hera's P.O.V)

Stacy has a crucial disease, and it was cancer. As I heard it from Cecille, it broke my heart. She's still young to face that kind of struggles in life. Behind those cheerful acts, and behind that smile in her beautiful face, she's hiding a problem behind. And it is not just a problem, but this struggle has a chance to end her life. I am a goddess that became a mortal, but I didn't realize that she is hiding something. Why? She's still so young! If I am still a goddess, then I will do something to help her, but unluckily, not.

Cecille's mood changed that time. I can feel it as a mother, it was painful for her, but I know she's just hiding it and staying positive for Stacy. We are watching Stacy while taking her medicines. And that was the time Cecille told me how Stacy's disease develops:

When Stacy is just 7 years old, that was the time where her cancer in brain started. It was weekend of November; it was a Fall Season. Cecille and Jayson decided to bring Stacy in a park to have a family bonding and of course, to make Stacy enjoy the falling cherry blossoms in that season. While the family was walking in the park and the cherry blossoms are falling from a tree, Stacy runs and was glad from those leaves and flowers falling...

"Mommy, daddy, look! They are falling!"

The husband and wife are happily watching their daughter playing. Stacy picking the flowers and she put one of them in her ear and laughed. Then she approached her parents, and she gave the two cherry blossoms to them...

"Mommy, daddy, this is for you."

Jayson and Cecille get the flower and it touched their heart like a warm love of their beloved daughter poured their heart. Here, Jayson sits and kissed her daughter's forehead and said...

"You know Stacy, we are so lucky that we got a daughter like you."

But Stacy answered him...

"But I am luckier because I got a parents like you daddy. Because you and mommy are taking care of me so much!

The family was so happy that time. The parents hugged their daughter and having an enjoyable moment in their weekend. Until that struggle already started even one of them don't have an idea what will happen. Stacy massaged her head, and her parents are worried from what was happening to their daughter. Here, Cecille asked Stacy...

"Stacy, are you alright?"

Then Stacy answered...

"My head hurts a little mommy."

Here, the parents decided to get home to rest Stacy. Once they arrived, Jayson carried Stacy to her bed and give her a medicine immediately. But after some minutes of that medication, Stacy's headache disappeared, and her energy went back to normal. But her parents told Stacy that she must still take a rest for it is needed. Since Stacy was an obedient child, she followed her parents' order. She stayed in her bed and take a little nap.

Until many hours have passed, it was a sunset and the evening almost come, Cecille can be seen in kitchen cooking for a dinner and alongside with her was Jayson helping her. The husband and wife are talking about their daughter, like how sweet their child was and a very kind person. And what they have been proud of on Stacy was her marvelous intelligence. They are wondering what her future is. But of course, they believe that it was bright, it was bright as a star in the clear evening skies.

But here, they hear Stacy's enervate voice...

"Mommy, daddy..."

As Cecille and Jayson heard that voice, they saw Stacy behind them, weakened and her face was pale.