Versus the Monster Within - Part 2

(Dakotas POV)

"Okay but when is the last time we came here twice in one week?" I asked while we sat down at at a picnic table next to the skatepark.

"It's been a while." Ryan answers sitting with me. "When's the last time we came here when the park was actually open?"

"Yeah, yeah thats true, its really been a while." I said while I, Ironically, retired the laces on my Vans. "Okay, but I can't get over the fact that I'm going to be in a Vans commercial. I've worn Vans to every competition since I was twelve."

"It's crazy, did they call you because of SLS?" He asks. 

"I mean, that's probably part of it, but Harris did something. Not long before I got the call Harris asked if I got a call." I explained. "He's trying to pay us all back for having his back when he was injured. He got Mark back on Varsity, Spyder won the contest, Veracity got into her dream school, I got my dream endorsement deal, what ever her ends up doing fo you is going to me off the hook."

"Yeah I wonder what it is."

"Oh! I bet its a new weapon in the robot." I said. 

"That would be amazing." He says smiling at the thought. 

"Okay, test me, name a trick lets see if I can hit it first try." I asked getting up walking towards the edge of the bowl with my board. 

"Oh I love doing this, um 180." He answered. 

"Ha! Childs play." I laughed riding of the edge into the bowl, riding across one time and hitting it immediately before riding back up to where we we're sitting. "What did I say?"

"Wow show-off." He laughs.

—————

After fooling around for a while when we were taking a break back at the picnic table, I got a phone call from Veracity.

"Hey Veracity! What are we talking, dorm design, first day of school outfit?" I asked answering the phone.

"Hey Kota are you with Ryan?" She asked disregard my questions.

"Uh, yeah." I answered slightly confused. "Why what's up?"

"Where are you guys at?" She asks again not answering my questions.

"Skatepark. Is everything okay?" I questioned because of the tone of her voice.

"Uh, no. No not really. If there's no one near you can you put me on speaker so I can talk to the both of you." She says. I did what she asked before saying,

"Alright your on speaker."

"Okay, so I was going to upgrade some things on Harris's computer, to you know thank him for getting me into my dream school, and I found deleted security footage from the robot." She explains. "He planted the bomb."

"What?" Ryan asks. "Theres no way, he didn't have enough time to do all that with the elevators down."

"Something is seriously wrong with him, In the footage I watched him jump up the elevator shaft." Veracity adds. "All these nice things he's doing for us, I think they're just distractions from something."

"Wait that might make sense!" I realized. "He's done something for everyone but you. He's distracting the rest of us to get you alone."

"She's probably right."

"What are we going to do?" Ryan says shocked, before he pulled his ringing phone out of his pocket. "It's Harris."

"Answer it Ryan, he can't know we're on to him." Veracity tells him while he nervously held the phone to his ear. He barely said anything other then the occasional, 'yeah' and 'okay' before he hung up. "Alright here the plan."