Chapter 6 Sector 1 Part (2/2)

After retrieving two more zapfishes, Marie came to warn Agent 4 before he could dove into the last kettle of Sector 1.

Marie: "This is the last kettle of Sector 1, which means there's usually a massive Octo-Weapon lying in there."

Agent 4: "Inside this last Kettle?" He looked at Marie curiously. "Does this mean that every sector in this canyon has their own set of octo-weapons?"

Marie: "Yeah, pretty much. So don't die on me, I'm pretty invested in you, Four."

Agent 4: "Understood." With a worried heart, Marie watched him dove into the kettle in his squid form and went to the surveillance room check on Agent 4's progress.

Marie: (Please don't get killed out there, I need you to bring back Callie. Oh Gramps, Steve, Rebecca. It's taking too long for you guys to come back. Please, I need you guys here too.) She thought to herself anxiously as the whole mission oppressively weighs down on her.

-Agent 4 Point of View-

Toby arrived in the chamber and turned back to his humanoid form, he looked at his surroundings, everything was quiet, until he looked forward and saw the fourth Zapfish right in the middle of a massive puddle of ink in the middle of a large arena.

Toby: "..." He kept his guard up for anything that was bound to happen, then suddenly...a large tentacle grabbed the zapfish and hurriedly took it into the puddle.

Agent 4: "What the-?! Where did that tentacle come from?!" The ground began to rumble, Agent 4 watched the weapon gradually emerged from the puddle, he stood back cautiously as the tall and bulky weapon revealed itself and made a booming loud war cry.

Octo-Oven
420• of Pain!

Agent 4: "Marie...What am I looking at here?" He flinched, he was more confused than anything he's ever seen in his entire life!

"Marie: "You hadn't seen anything yet, Four. That tentacle up there is the source of our troublemaker. You have to get up there and shoot it down three times!"

Agent 4: "How do you know that?"

Marie: "We've seen how their weapons work, this one is no different, just trust me on this one!" He carefully looked for a way to get to the top of the weapon; he was still confused by the looks of the weapon itself, then that's when the oven saw him open has a clear sight on him and it open one of the doors.

Marie: "Four! Watch out!" She screamed.

Agent 4: "Huh-?!

*Slam!*

He was hit!

The oven launched its loaf-like column and rammed Agent 4, nearly off the edge of the platform.

Octo-Oven: "Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Is that all you got, weakling?!" The oven mocked the agent.

Marie: "Four!? Toby?! Are you okay?! Please respond to me!" Marie was desperately calling out to him, scared enough to even run to Toby's location and assist him, but he got back up on his feet looking at the oven with a dark glare.

Agent 4: "Grrrrr...I am not going down that easily..." He growled, he grabbed his hero shot and ran to the weapon, the industrial-sized Octo-Oven aimed and launched its bread-like column at him, but it missed!

Agent 4 jumped atop of the bread columns, hopped on the side of the weapon and climbed to the top and shot down every octarian guarding the giant central tentacle with his Hero-Shot, and splattered the bulging weak spot!

*KA-SPLERT!*

Octo-Oven: "OW! Hey! Get off me!" He tried to shake off Toby, he was starting to lose his balance, but his quick thinking led him to pierce his left forearm deep into the metallic surface, and firmly anchoring himself to the weapon's vulnerable topside.

Marie: "..." She saw from the surveillance room what Agent 4 had done, he kept his position on to the oven, the second tentacle pop out and he shot it down, and then third tentacle popped out and was shot down the third time! "That's the third tentacle! He's gonna blow up!"

Agent 4 yanked his left hand out of the metallic surface and hopped off the octo-oven and ran for cover. The weapon became unstable, smoke was fuming out, and it glowed radiantly and made an epically ink-taculular explosion!

The Octo-Oven: "Too...Hot...Can't...Take it...Any...Longer!"

*KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOM!*

-Marie Point of View-

Marie "..." (He pierced his arm in that thing?) Marie stood there speechless with her eyes widened at the monitor of the surveillance room, she had never seen any inkling done anything like that in her entire life. But she shook her head worrying for Agent 4's safety, she ran out of the outpost and into sector 1, and when she arrived, she saw Toby popping out of the last kettle with the fourth zapfish in one piece.

Toby: "...Is something wrong?"

Marie: "You came back! Oh, I'm so glad you're okay!" She was so happy and relieved seeing him back in one piece, she ran to him and threw herself hugging him.

His abdomen was gripped by her tight embrace, he wrapped his arm gently around her while holding the zapfish with the other hand, it was enough for Marie to finally relax and stopped her crying.

Toby: "I brought the zapfish, where do you put the rest of them?

They let go of each other and took the fourth zapfish to a massively hidden tank next to the outpost's basement hidden safely from the octarians.

Marie: "There you go little guy, you're safe now." She smiled when the creature swam with the others and closed the tank, she got up and turned facing Toby. "That's all the zapfish collected from Sector 1. At this rate, we'll save Callie in no time, Agent 4!" She let out her classical grin.

Agent 4: "I am happy to hear that." He faked another smile in front of her. "I take that tomorrow we take on sector 2? What do you think these Octarians are up to down there?" He looked down at the canyon, but Marie had other ideas.

Marie: "Actually, Four, I was thinking that after finishing Sector 1, we should take a break for tomorrow. I was also wondering if maybe we can hang out on our break too?"

Agent 4: (I...can take a break, but why does she want to hang out with me?) "Okay, I will rest for tomorrow, but why do you want to hang out with me?"

Marie: (Shoot! I never thought about that!) "Why? Because...Why not? We worked very hard today; so why not take a day off after every sector we clean up, right?" (Still waiting for Agent 6 to report about this new guy.)

Agent 4: "...I suppose..."

Marie: "Great. I'll see you tomorrow then!" She went her way to the outpost, but she stopped and looked at the new agent. "Oh, and...Thank you so much, for helping me today." Marie smiled at him.

Toby: "You are welcome..." (She does not know me, yet she really wants to hang out with me...is she on to me?) They went inside the outpost and changed in their own rooms to their pajamas and rested that night.