▪10▪

Nari walks through the halls of her school on her way to Math class. As she turns the corner she bumps into Shinae. She tries to move out of the way but Shinae won't move. Nari looks at her in an angry way.

"What's your problem?" Nari pushes her away.

"I want to be friends with you." She drops the bomb on Nari.

"What? Do you hear yourself?" Nari pushes pass her but Shinae grabs her hand.

"I know that I've treated you bad for the past few years..." She pauses and take a deep breath. "I'm really sorry for what I did to you."

"Do you think sorry can heal the pain you conflicted upon me? I've struggled with depression and anxiety because of you. Do you even have the slightest of idea how that felt?" She keeps poking Shinae with her index finger.

Shinae bites her bottom lip out of nervousness. She has never intended to hurt her, she just wanted to let out her frustration about what her family is like. She constantly have to listen to hear her parents argue so she just wanted to let out her frustration.

"Can't we just start over? Let's give it a try." Shinae suddenly holds her hand gently.

Nari stares at her in disgust. Its like something is wrong with her, who would be friends with their bully? There's no such thing. Nari pulls her hand away and walks past her but stops to say something.

"Don't ever approach me again." She spit.

Nari quickly enter her class as discreet as possible so her teacher won't punish her. The whole class, Shinae is on her mind. What if she's plotting something and the only way is to befriend her? People are that twisted.

Nari waltz in the house looking tired as ever. School is taking a toll on her, since she's in grade 10. Before she takes a nap she washes up cause she's sweaty.

She tries to fall asleep but fails at each attempt. All the things that have been happening in her life is keeping her up. Why is this happening to her? It's not like she's a bad person and karma is coming to get her.

She has always told her mother that she wanted siblings and now that she got four it's like hell. If she knew that it would be like this she wouldn't have made the wish. Siblings should be loving with each other, have fights with each other and fight for each other. With those four men, it's the absolute opposite.

With Shinae, she doesn't know her true intentions. No one can read her.

She sits once she hears her room's door open. Seeing her mother she lies back down.

"I'm hear to apologize for last night. I was so blind that I didn't notice that you're not happy by how the boys are treating you." She turns to leave but stops. "And one more thing, if you don't want to move in with them you don't have to, I won't force you."

Nari doesn't even acknowledge her so she leaves. She's glad to know that she can stay here, she hates the idea of living with so much men especially when they hate her.

This new life of hers is getting to her head. She's tired, not just physically but emotionally and mentally. It's like she's on a hamster wheel, no end. Just endless running.

 Just endless running