Chapter 2

"Well... well as of right now it's just you."

Beomgyu seethed all the way to the cabin.

What the actual fuck? Why was he the only stupid special kid that didn't get raised right. What was so wrong with him that Apollo decided to drop him off with some strangers instead of raising him like the son he was supposed to be?

He shook his head. No. The couple who raised him were not strangers. They were his parents, more than that jackass that he hated more and more with every minute passing.

He opened the cabin door and found two twin beds, one with blue and white sheets. He couldn't find Choi Soobin anywhere, though.

Maybe he refused to be my roommate. He thought bitterly. Since I'm apparently so fucking unwanted.

The sting wore off a little, however, when the door of what seemed to be a bathroom swung open and he was greeted by a smiling, blue-haired boy that had a surprising amount of resemblance to a rabbit.

"Hi! You must be Beomgyu!" Beomgyu jumped at the suddenness of his entrance and placed a hand on his chest.

"Yeah, hi." He wanted to be friendlier, but was still pissed about the events at Admissions.

Soobin frowned. "Sorry. I probably scared you, I do that a lot. I'm Soobin, your roommate."

Beomgyu forced himself to ease up on the other. After all, he wasn't Soobin's bastard-child.

"Hi. No problem, I'm glad you're here. I kind of thought you ran off on me."

"Of course not!" Soobin looked puzzled. "Why would I do that?"

Not wanting to answer, Beomgyu changed the subject. "Nevermind. So, are we the only people that live here?"

The room he was glancing at was a lot bigger than his back home in Daegu. Even sharing it with Soobin, who, admittedly, seemed like he would be good enough company.

The mentioned smiled. "Yeah! They split up all of the blocks based on what your parent specializes in, and then they sort of do it randomly. As of right now, the blocks are set up for Health, Sleep, Agriculture, Rustic, Sky, Sea, and Chthonic Deities."

"What the hell is a Chthonic Deity?"

Soobin blinked. "You know...like Hades. Underworld. Gothic types."

"Oh." Beomgyu pretended to understand, but Soobin saw right through him and sat slowly on his bed.

"You know...you don't have to feel bad about not knowing this stuff. It's a lot to keep up with, and you've only even been a part of it for like... a month."

Beomgyu gaped at him. "How did you know I've only known for a month?"

Great. That was all he needed, for the entire campus to be buzzing about the arrival of Apollo's accident.

Soobin startled at the outburst. He then grimaced and rubbed the back of his neck as he answered: "My mom, she's sort of the head nurse. That's why I'm your roommate, she wants me to help in any way I can."

"What does that even mean?"

Soobin realized. "Oh. Duh. My mom is Epione. She's the Goddess of the soothing of pain, mental and physical."

Beomgyu stared. "Wow."

"Yeah, sorry. The staff were all talking about it, and she told me after."

He groaned. "Great. I'm glad the whole campus knows I'm fucked up enough to be the only god child that didn't actually meet the standards of his majesty Apollo."

"No! It's not the whole campus. I promise. It's just the faculty. They want to make sure you settle in okay, given that it's a lot to take in right now."

Sighing, Beomgyu replied: "Still."

Soobin frowned."No one blames you, you know. If anything, we all think Apollo's really shitty for abandoning his own child and then pretending he didn't even have it. It's a horrible thing to do."

As soon as he said it, Soobin snapped his mouth shut in embarrassment.

It was too late. Beomgyu heard it.

Not only did his dad not want to raise him. He didn't even want anyone to fucking know he existed. He fell onto the unmade bed and sighed, closing his eyes.

"Whatever. Tell me about how my classes will work."