Just...read the letter.

Emerald flames reflect off polished obsidian. Whispers fill the subterranean temple, a chamber lost to time. An alter is at the center. A star burns from its place of holy reverence, a sword and shield just waiting to be claimed.

"Do not let the sun blind you. I never left Troy, but you will rise."

I wake with a scream stuck in my throat. It makes the boy who is seated in the chair next to the bed jump, startled. Out of instinct, I reach for his arm. Our eyes lock once again, and it steals the breath from my lungs.

"Who are you? Patroclus- he was in my vision. And so were- you were- you both-" I stammer, trying and failing not to shake.

He places a comforting hand over mine. His smile is crooked, and his eyes are like liquid gold. He looks ethereal. Is he real, or is this another vision?

"My name's Cassius," he says patiently, kindly. "And I'm not Patroclus, technically. I am descended from him, though."

My jaw drops. "You are? Seriously?"

He laughs and nods. "Yes."

"That's pretty impressive."

"Trust me, not nearly as impressive as you."

I go to ask him what he means, but that's when Chiron comes in. But now he's in a wheelchair.

"I thought you were a centaur?" I blurt out, too tired to filter myself. Cassius cracks a smile, as does Chiron.

"I am," he replies. "This is just a form of magic to disguise my equine half."

"Right. Duh. Obviously." Sarcasm drips from my lips. I sit up in the bed more, and Cassius jolts forward.

"You need to rest," he tries to stop me, lightly guiding me back down. "You've been unconscious for something like fourteen hours."

"What?" I cry out, jerking forward. He sighs in exasperation. He tries again to make me lay back, and I only comply because his touch feels like electricity.

"Your vision was too strong," Chiron explains patiently. My eyes snap to him. "It brought back memories you perhaps were not quite prepared to remember, despite it being fated."

"I've had visions all my life. I've never passed out from them before," I say pointedly. I pause. "Well, not like this. And they've never been this powerful, or as strong as they've been lately."

Cassius carefully takes my hand, and it is a bit alarming how soothing his touch is. He is a stranger.

"Tell her, Chiron," he demands firmly. "Or I will."

My heart is racing in my chest. I can hardly breathe. Chiron looks between us, and it is clear he is conflicted. However, he finally gives in. He rises to his feet, and the wheelchair disappears as he turns back into a centaur.

"Mr. Nephus," Chiron says flatly, glancing at Cassius, "would you be able to help Ms. Aleksa out of the infirmary and to my office? I believe this discussion is best had in private."

Cassius looks down at me worriedly before reluctantly agreeing. With that, Chiron leaves rather briskly. I frown in confusion.

"What's his problem?" I ask, eyeing the door. Cassius huffs.

"He likes to delay the inevitable," he mutters. He helps me out of the bed and insists on practically carrying me out of the infirmary, supporting my entire weight with his own.

How had I not realized he was so tall? I think as we hobble upstairs through a big house. I guess I was a little pre-occupied being sent visions of his ancestor from over two millennia ago. Then I fainted in his arms. Wouldn't that be something? 'Wow, you're 6'4! *proceeds to promptly pass out*'