3.

Here he was. Alone in his apartment with a random cat. Although Pete was a huge cat person he had never had one so this was all new to him. Feeding him and all that. Pete didn't want to know yet how he would deal with the cat's bathroom things.

All his childhood years he had dreamed of a cat but because his mother was allergic to cats they couldn't fulfill that dream of his.

Grey was quite a chill cat. He got used to Pete very quickly and was actually in this moment cuddled under Pete's arm who was watching a show on the tv.

Pete had no idea when Vegas would be back and that worried him. He definitely was up to no good, abandoning his beloved cat like that.

Thinking of Vegas reminded Pete of the little peck a while earlier. Just the memory itself made his cheeks warm. Vegas never kissed him like that. It was always very intense, sexual and the only feeling being lust.
It made Pete feel different. The peck had been soft and sweet, almost like Vegas had been his husband leaving for work.

But thinking like this never did any good. Even if Vegas had kissed him outside of bed and a bit differently, it wouldn't mean anything. It wouldn't mean that Vegas had feelings for him. That was only false hope and Pete knew that.

So, to clear his mind he decided to go for a walk.

Right when Pete was about to open the door he remembered the cat. What would he do about Grey. Pete didn't really know anything about cats. Could cats be left home alone? Did he even trust Grey alone in his apartment?

Quickly Pete made up his mind and went to pick Grey up from the couch. He was going for a walk with the cat, not caring if that was even a thing. He had never seen a person on a walk with their cat, but he was gonna be the first person then.

Anyway, he really needed to get some fresh air so he got to do what he got to do.

~

Walking with a cat in his arms created no problems and Pete was very thankful for that. Happily he walked in the sand by the blue sea and breathed that fresh air like it was his first time breathing.

Fortunately it was not a cold day so Grey was okay and actually seemed to quite like the fresh air as well. What Pete had seen of Vegas's apartment wasn't a really clean place, so it wasn't probably often that he got to breath this high quality air.

After a while of walking Pete decided it was time to go back. They were almost at his door when Pete's phone suddenly rang in his pocket.

Struggling to get the phone out of his pocket while trying to keep the cat in his arms at the same time didn't end well. Grey probably got annoyed because in a second he had jumped from Pete's arms.

"Grey!" The cat was hella fast. Pete totally forget about whoever was calling him when he ran after the cat.

Grey ran down the stairs floor after floor. Pete lived in the sixth floor and they were currently running down the stairs to the third floor. That was also when Grey stopped.

Pete stopped as well. He cursed under his breath with all the words possible while panting heavily. Concluding that the cat didn't seem to start running again he let out a sigh of relief.

Pete got down to the third floor that Grey was on and finally noticed that the cat was way too still.

Suddenly the cat turned around and started running back up the stairs. Even faster this time if possible. Pete was confused to say at least but he didn't have any other choice but to follow the cat.

On the sixth floor he caught Grey aggressively scratching the door of his apartment.
Pete hadn't been this exhausted in a while. He just leaned to the railing and tried to catch his breath.

"Grey... What game are you playing right now? I don't think I can run anymore."

Grey didn't stop anyhow. He kept scratching and even let out a pitiful meow.
"Okay, okay I'll open it. Chill." Pete muttered.
After opening the door the cat ran quickly to the farthest corner of the little apartment.

"Grey!" Pete didn't have time to care for the cat however when his phone rang again.

Pete opened the phone and froze. Nine missed calls from Vegas. What the hell is happening..?

Quickly Pete picked up the call and went to look for the cat.

"YOU FUCKER!! WHAT FUCK IN THE WORLD TOOK YOU SO LONG TO ANSWER?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I CALLED?"

Oh... He sure was yelling.

"Veg-"

"NO! No... Don't speak. This is kind of critical right now. Where are you? Is Grey okay? Are... you okay?"

What..

"Yes... We are. We are at my apartment. What are you talking about? Is something wrong? Are you okay Vegas?"

"Well... Get out of the apartment as soon as you can-"

A knock came from the door.

"Do.not.open.the.door." Vegas hissed.

A/N
Hope you guys are liking this story so far!! Feel free to tell me your thoughts if you have any :))