6.

Vegas had left literally right after eating. He had taken his cat and said: "Don't miss me too much", before closing the door behind him.

Pete stayed seated in the kitchen chair, thinking. The behavior of Vegas had been different today. Maybe he was overthinking like usual, but it seemed like Vegas really did have a heart after all.

Altought Pete was mostly happy, he was also scared. He had a feeling that this was only a one time thing, that the next time they'll meet, Vegas was going to be his usual, cold self again.

Another thing that kept Pete's mind busy was curiosity about something else. What really was Vegas's true identity.
Pete had already thought about this earlier, but it still didn't make any sense. Vegas had told Pete that he shouldn't know...

What if he really was a serial killer!?

That would mean that Pete had slept all this time with someone who had killed people...
That's bad.

But thinking about it, Vegas had had blood on his face and hands, someone had also broken his leg...

There was something going on for sure, and Pete most definitely wanted to find out what is was.

~

It was currently 7pm and Pete had all evening with no plans. He thought about it for a second and before he knew it, he was sitting next to one of his close friends, Porsche, in said guy's car.

The car was actually a Porsche as well. Porsche had said when getting his first car that he had no other choice but get a red Porche to give justice for his name.

He really was a person like no other.

They parked the car in front of one of the most expensive bars in town and got in.
Porsche was mad rich and would never get wasted without spending thousands while doing so. Pete didn't mind that of course.

"So, what's bothering you?" Porsche asked after sipping his drink.

Pete sighed loudly and let his head hit the table. "I didn't even say anything was bothering me..."

Porsche chuckled and ruffled Pete's hair. "You don't need to say it for me to know dummy."

Pete raised his head from the table and took a long gulp from his beer.
"The thing is... I'm probably just overthinking again."

Porche raised his brow. "Oh really, that's a first."

Pete only nodded in agreement.

"That was sarcastic you dumbass", Porsche groaned frustrated.

Pete seemed to finally snap out of it. He slapped his cheeks a few times and took another gulp. "Right."

"My guess would be.... Vegas?"

"Yeah."

Porsche gave himself a round of applause. "Knew it! Now tell me."

"Well, he came over today and gave me his cat to babysit basically. Then laters someone came knocking on my door, Vegas said he'd handle it and came back with a broken leg and blood on his face. That's probably not normal..?"

"No, I don't think so", Porsche seemed to think for a moment before continuing. "He probably fell for you and wanted you to meet his cat, then he found out about your secret boyfriend and fought with him 'cause he's in love with you. That's... what I think."

Pete looked up from his glass with a disgusted expression. "What secret boyfriend... I should've known to ask Arm for help instead."

"Just kidding, just kidding.. Well, if you ask me, I'd say... He's probably a drug dealer or something."

Pete nodded. "That's what I thought as well... But I don't know, he might just be a streetfighter and had a big fight to participate in."

"Are streetfights even a thing anymore?" Porsche doubted.

Pete shook his head. "I don't know. Let's just get drunk and stop thinking."

"You got any work tommorow?"

"Night shift."

"Great."

~

The next few days went by as normal. Work, sleep, work, sleep and sometimes meeting up with friends. But today was spent with a painful headache and Pete had no idea what was the cause of it. He ended up laying in his bed most of the day  watching whatever came from the tv. He had work in the evening, so hopefully he was fine by then. At some point he fell asleep...

The next time when Pete hazily opened his eyes, it was somehow already dark outside. Pete took a few seconds to realize what that meant. He was going to be late.

Pete had no choice but to rush out of the bed and start throwing things in his bag. He didn't have time for shower, for make up, for anything.

His only hope was that the client was going to be one of those disgusting people, who didn't care if the other party was a child, horse or the actual person that they paid for.

Pete was at the building 15 minutes late... Was there even a point in coming anymore? He could just straight up start to search for a new job.

"Pete." Pete looked up to his co-worker with a sad smile.
"Your client has been waiting for twenty minutes. You're lucky today."

What? He wasn't fired?
Someone waited for him for twenty minutes!?
Who in the world would do that?

"Oh... Right. Well, I'll be on time next time.." Pete chuckled awkwardly while his co-worker only shook their head in dissapointment. He sure was lucky today!

Pete hummed happily while walking towards the room. Hopefully the person waiting wasn't too mad that he was a little late.

Pete swung the door open and froze in an instant. The happy melody disappeared from his head.

There, on the bed laid Vegas, sleeping.

A/N
Hi again 👋, I'm sosososo thankful for the 1k, I would've never imagined I'd get this many readers!! Thank youuu❤️🙏