4.

This was bad. Pete felt cold sweat run down his back as he walked as quietly as he could to the farthest corner from the front door.

He found Grey there curled up on the floor. Slowly he sat down next to the cat as quitely as possible.

Another knock was heard from the door.

"Vegas...", Pete whispered to the phone, "what's happening?"

"Stay quiet you idiot and they might go away.." Vegas whispered back with a frustrated tone in his voice.

Pete bit his lip and let a single tear run down his cheek. He had never experienced something like this. He had been abused, raped, bullied and what not, but in life and death situation he had never been.

The thought of not knowing when someone would break through the door and possibly kill him was terrifying.

Pete stayed quiet and Vegas said nothing either, but he never ended the call.

More tears fell from Pete's eyes and he got more and more nervous as seconds passed by. What was scary was that the person behind the door didn't make a sound either.

Pete sniffled quietly and immediately froze. They couldn't have heard that could they? No, no no no-

"Pete?" Vegas's gentle voice came from the phone. He sounded confused.

"Are you.. crying?" Vegas sounded genuinely worried now.

Vegas? Worried? About me? Pete thought. That's a first.

"Of course not. Why would I cry.." Pete's voice cracked slightly at the end, giving him away immediately.

Fuck.

Vegas stayed quiet for a moment. "See... I'll get you out of there in a second. Just stay where you are, don't move!"

And like that the fucker ended the call. Pete sighed in frustration. He already knew that Vegas was gonna do something stupid.

Pete put the phone down and wiped his tears. The person outside the door hadn't made a sound for a good while now. It almost seemed like they had already left.

But like the obedient person Pete was, he stayed still. Grey snuggled to his leg and purred in a low voice. Pete wasn't as scared anymore. Not for himself at least, for Vegas he was.

All of this just made Pete's imagination go wild. What was he? A part of some mafia? A criminal? A drug dealer maybe? He sure got secrets, didn't he..

Pete made sure to have a long conversation about this with Vegas once everything was settled. It would be hard tho as the two didn't really have conversations that often considering their relationship and considering Vegas.

Vegas was probably just gonna say something like: "It's none of your bussines." "Who are you to ask me about this? We're not friends you fucking moron." "Outside of bed, just stay quiet."

Thinking about these things made Pete sigh. Suddenly he didn't want Vegas here anymore. Who cared if there was a murderer outside his apartment, he didn't need Vegas to save him. He wasn't a useless slut like Vegas had said.

Pete stood up. He took one step towards the door, and another. Behind him Grey let out a meow.

Pete turned to the cat. He couldn't risk Grey's life like this, he promised Veg-. Right, that was Vegas's cat, nothing more. And right now he hated Vegas more than anything. Thinking about it, it was Vegas's fault that he was in this situation.  

Determinedly Pete turned around and faced the door again. He took hesitant steps one after the other till he was in front of his front door. He leaned slightly forward, heart pounding from anxiety, and took a peek from the peephole.

On the other side there was nothing. Not a single person. They left. Pete let out a long sigh of relief.

"Grey! They left. Don't hide anymore!" Pete squatted down and called for the cat. Grey hesitated for a second before making his way over.

"Good boy.." Pete stroked his fur. He picked the cat up and let him also take a look from the peephole. "See? It's all empty."

After looking for a moment Grey suddenly got excited. He meowed loudly and tried to scratch the peephole with his paw.

"Grey! What is wrong with you.." Pete let the cat down and looked for himself.

No way! There, on the other side of the door was Vegas, limping towards  the door with blood on his face.

Quickly Pete opened the door and in a second Grey had ran to its owner. Vegas smiled softly at the cat while Pete just stood and watched. Vegas had changed his clothes, he had on a big leather jacket and a white t-shirt. His hair was a mess, Pete guessed that there was blood as well.

Vegas took his eyes off from Grey and looked up. Pete only sighed and smiled sadly. "Come in."

~

Vegas was currently laying on Pete's bed, no more blood on his face or hair, with Grey curled up on top of his stomach.

Pete sat next to him on the bed. "What's wrong with your leg?"

Vegas glanced at Pete. He had a weird look on his face. "We can't call an ambulance."

Pete's heart dropped.
"It's that bad?"

Vegas yawned. "It'll be okay."
Pete could only nod.

"Are you hungry?" Pete asked again after a while.

"I wanna sleep", Vegas answered with his eyes closed.

"Oh, okay.." Pete said quietly and left Vegas alone. He'll ask more questions when the boy wakes up.

Pete went to kitchen, thinking of making some food for Vegas and himself. A pasta would be nice.

He started to gather the ingredients when he felt something on his feet. It was Grey.

Pete smiled at the cat. In that moment he didn't think of him as just Vegas's cat. Grey's owner was in the house, yet he still came to him for food. It would make anyone's heart melt.

Pete gave food to the cutie and continued then with the tomato pasta.

A/N:
Hii👋 Sorry if this took long, I kind of broke my neck so... Hehe
Plz give me feedback if you have any!!