14.

It was probably 3 or 4 in the morning by now. Neither of them were sleeping. Pete laid on top of Vegas and was trying to relax, but now that the adrenaline was gone, he remembered. It was the last night.

Pete nuzzled up closer to Vegas's chest. He smelled good. Vegas had that comforting, soft scent to him.
"You smell nice."

"I do?" Vegas's voice was low and raspy. He was probably gonna fall asleep soon.

Pete smiled.
"You've always smelled nice, I've just never said it before.."

Vegas hummed and started messing with Pete's hair again. "I've told you that tho haven't I? You smell like vanilla or something like that.. I know you care a lot about those things.."

Pete felt his heart warming. "I think you did comment about that a few times.."

They fell back into a comfortable silence, but a moment later Pete broke it again. "Vegas. What happens after this night?"

Vegas groaned. "Didn't you say you were gonna think about this tomorrow?"

"I guess I did. But I'm thinking about it right now and I can't make sense of all this.."

"Don't bother. Either you will leave me or I will leave you tomorrow. We can't stay together, got it?"

"But I want to hear about your feelings.. before that happens.."

The two held silent eyecontact for a while, before Vegas moved his gaze to the ceiling. "Just, don't worry about that okay? After tonight, you need to forget me anyway. Even if I ever felt something, it doesn't matter anymore."

Pete's eyes involuntarily teared up. He had to force himself to swallow the heavy lump in his throat before speaking. "Vegas. You knew I love you.. You've known it, haven't you?"

Vegas sighed and shook his head. "I knew, and that's why I wanted to leave you without seeing you one last time like this.."

"Oh.."

Pete turned over so that he was now on top of Vegas, face to face.
Vegas looked a little surprised.

Slowly Pete leaned forward. He saw Vegas closing his eyes already, ready for the kiss, but Pete wasn't going to give it just like that. When their lips finally touched slightly, Pete stopped.
He felt around Vegas' chest until he found his heartbeat.

Pete's eyes widened, he didn't expect it to be this fast.
A smirk crept to Pete's face.

Vegas' face twitched and he opened his eyes. Pete didn't break the eyecontact. He opened his mouth slightly and slowly ran his tongue across Vegas' lips.

Vegas trembled lightly and closed his eyes again.

"Vegas.. just let me stay with you.. isn't there a possibility that.." Pete whispered against Vegas's lips.

Vegas sighed.
"Pete. It's not that.. it's just.. it's the lifestyle, it's way too dangerous."

Pete inhaled sharply. "You mean.. if the situation was different.. there would be no problem being with me..? Is that what you mean?"

Vegas took a gentle hold of Pete's face. "Pete.. I already said that there's no point in this. The situation is not different and you know that there's no way I'm going to step out from my family's mafia."

Pete flopped down on the bed next to Vegas. "Does that really have to matter? You're in the mafia so why can't I be? I'm a fast learner."

Vegas took a deep breath. Then he sat up and pulled Pete up with him. They were sitting face to face. Vegas looked quite serious. "You, will never get involved with the mafia ever, got it?", Vegas looked away from Pete's eyes for a split second, "I'm doing this to keep you safe. Being in a mafia is not just something you're gonna learn by studying hard. You never know when someone's gonna get killed or kidnapped or whatever."

Pete closed his eyes for a second before opening them again.
"Vegas. You can't force me to leave you. I wanna do this and I have the right to make that decision, do I not?" Pete said, almost begging. He was so close yet Vegas was still not giving in.

Vegas sighed. He seemed frustrated. "What makes you think I can't force you?"

"You can force me to do anything, anything else, but that.." without noticing Pete got closer to Vegas as he talked, as if that would make Vegas give up and accept Pete to walk by his side. As if.

Vegas pushed Pete gently back to his place.
"I'm not going to force you to do anything.. let's just sleep now, alright?"

Pete was slowly starting to lose his temper.
"Sleep? Now? Are you crazy? Like sleep's gonna solve everything?" Pete took a deep breath and continued calmly. "Vegas, don't you think you're being a bit selfish right now? Are you not thinking about my feelings at all? I already told you I love you, didn't I? All you need to do is to say it back.."

Pete looked at Vegas' eyes intensively and there he saw it again, that special look in Vegas' eyes.
Suddenly Vegas pulled Pete into a kiss. A very passionate kiss.

Pete was quite shocked but went along anyway.

Vegas held him by his cheeks, his hand felt so soft and so comfortable.. Like it belonged to Pete's cheek. As stupid as it sounded.
Pete trailed his hands around Vegas' built body. It was warm. Soon Vegas pushed Pete to lay down and moved to his neck, marking it all over.

Both panting, Vegas stopped for a moment and whispered in Pete's ear.
"I love you. There, satisfied? And now that I said it, don't you dare to leave me.."

A/N:
This chapter is sucha rollercoaster I don't know what happened 😩 Hope you enjoyed anyway <3