8.

Pete didn't really expect Vegas to stop him, but for some reason it still pained his heart a little when Vegas let him go that easily.

The co-worker from earlier sure looked surprised when Pete came back with wet hair ten minutes after leaving.

"Huh? What happened? Why are you wet? We didn't lose a customer, did we?" Said co-worker asked with concern.

Pete let out a sarcastic chuckle. "I don't know about that... I just took a shower with him, that's all."

"Wait what? He waited for twenty minutes and was satisfied with a ten minutes shower..?" The girl put her cup of coffee down slowly and dramatically turned to Pete,"You fucked up, didn't you? You just avoided being fired and now.."

Pete could only roll his eyes. He was sure Vegas wouldn't complain about him, he wouldn't go trough the trouble just to get Pete fired.

"Pete!"

Both Pete and the staff turned around. Vegas stood there with wet hair and fortunately his clothes on.

"What I said earlier, I meant it. You are the one I wanna sleep with.. But that's not going to work anymore, so just forget about it. And don't contact me anymore.."

Pete exchanged a look with his co-worker.
What was Vegas talking about..

"What?"

Vegas only locked his eyes with Pete before walking out of the scene.

His eyes had held something in them, something intense. Pete had a feeling that Vegas was going to do something stupid once again.

"Vegas wai-"

"Pete." Pete cursed under his breath and turned to his co-worker.
"Yeah?"

The staff looked at him with an excited look in her eyes.
"Did I hear that right? You've had a personal affair with a customer.. You really are getting fired!"

Well, fuck.
Did you really have to do that Vegasss!?!

"Ahh.. just shut up!" Pete took out his keys and other work stuff and threw them on the couch. He knew that Vegas was long gone so he took his sweet depressed time walking back home in the dark.

Today really wasn't his day.

While walking Pete thought about all that had happened. He was fired. He would need to find a new job now. What would he do?
Also what would he do about Vegas? The boy had blabbered a lot of weird things today and so Pete just decided to give him a call.

*beep beep*
He wasn't answering..?

"And don't contact me anymore.."

Did Vegas really mean that? Earlier he had also said that he came here to escape from Pete or something like that..

What the hell was going on? Why would Vegas do this?
Besides all that he had also stated right in front of Pete's co-worker that he wanted to sleep with him.

Maybe he wanted, but couldn't..?
Tragic.

Pete had all these confusing thoughts going on in his mind until he fell asleep.

~

The next day was spent on trying to find a new job. And also calling Vegas every once in two hours, without him answering.

Pete sighed for 337th time that day. Sadly he didn't get a job in daycare with his reputation. Next up on the list was... chef? 338th sigh. Who wrote this?

"I wrote the chef one. I think the rice you make is quite good."

Pete was once again thinking why he didn't just invite Arm over.
"Pol, everyone can cook rice!"

Pol shook his head aggressively.
"Nuh uh! Yours is even better than what my mom makes! I'm being brutally honest right now."

"Whatever you say. Can you at least not eat your chips so loudly.."

"Of course."

After five hours of calling every possible company, Pete got himself a job at a flower shop.
The salary was quite low comparing to his previous job, but it wasn't too bad.

Pete would be lying if he said that he wasn't happy. Even tho the job had paid well, it had been horrible. For the first weeks it was okay, but after doing it for over two years it had started eating him alive.

He could finally sigh in relief... and then remember about Vegas.

Pete took his phone out immediately and called, again.

No response.

Vegas seemed to be keeping his word. He really did escape from Pete.
What should he do now? Should he go to Vegas's house and beg on his knees for an explanation? Should he maybe wait a few days before going?

"You're definitely overthinking."

Pete immediately snapped his head up from the table and looked around.

Pol stood there by the front door currently taking his shoes off.

"Oh, you're back?" Pete looked at the time. It was already 11pm.

Pol walked over while smiling widely. "I am. And I brought.." Pol took out something, "pizza!"

Food made everything better. Tommorow Pete was going to start at his new job. Honestly, he knew nothing about flowers, but the little shop was really short in staff so they just hired anyone.
Tomorrow he also planned on visiting Vegas. Just for the sake of the boy himself. Pete was worried.

Before all these weird things happened, Pete would've never guessed that he would some day be this worried about Vegas. Literally his sex buddy, who he knew nothing about, but who seemed to suddenly have a lot of concerning stuff going on.

Like Pete had promised himself before, he was confident in finding out what the things were.

Before going to sleep, Pete decided to give Vegas the last call of the day. Just to know that he was okay.

As usual, there was no answer-

"Hello? Who is this?"

Pete's heart almost stopped. Someone answered, but that someone for sure wasn't Vegas.

"You are saved as... 'Cute idiot'... in Mr. Vegas's phone. May I know how you are related to Mr. Vegas?" That monotone voice came again.

With shaking fingers Pete ended the call immediately.

Oh no..

A/N
🫢🫢