Surrogate Mother 6

Scene Six: The camera pans to the Wilkes Home. Maya and Darnell sit in the living room having a snack (popcorn & healthy drinks). Maya sits on the couch with her legs on the coffee table, while Darnell rubs Maya's belly. 

Maya: (eating popcorn) Darnell, I feel bad but I couldn't convince Mia or Jabari to do this. I feel bad for Lynn, but I get it. This is a big decision. (looks at Darnell waiting for a response)

Darnell: (rubbing Maya's belly then looking up at Maya) Don't look at me! I thought this was a bad idea from the beginning. (Darnell reaches for popcorn)

Maya: (eating popcorn) I wouldn't say it was a bad idea, just a difficult decision to make. You just feel the way you do because it involves our son and daughter-in-law.

Darnell: (looking at Maya) Don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't want another man's sperm making things happen all up in your vee jay-jay.

Maya is eating popcorn and a few popcorn kernels fly out of Maya's mouth on hearing Darnell use the term "vee jay-jay."

Maya:  (laughs) Did you just say, vee jay-jay??

Darnell: Yeah, I hear you and your girlfriends calling the lower decks vee jay-jay. (feeling uncomfortable) I hear y'all, Maya... 

Both Darnell and Maya start laughing at the same time. The camera pans to Joan, Aaron, and Karolyn entering through the front door. Karolyn enters and walks straight through the living room towards the bedrooms. Joan sits on the floor near Maya and rubs her belly, and Aaron sits on the loveseat across from Maya. 

Karolyn: (blowing kisses to Maya and Darnell - speaking fast) Hey, aunt, and unc! Muah! Going with the cuz in the room, bye!

The camera pans to Karolyn exiting the living room towards the bedroom. Joan continues to eat the popcorn she stole from Maya and Darnell.  Aaron has walked back over from the fridge after grabbing a beer and sits down on an ottoman near Joan. 

Joan: (eating popcorn) So any change in the stitch?

Maya: (harshly and quickly) Joan! I keep telling you! It's SITCH, short for the word situation, not STITCH! If I hear you say STITCH one more time, Imma cut you! 

Joan: (laughs) Maya, you know stitch... like a stitch in time...

Maya: (upset holding her belly) No! No-No-No-No-No!! Say STITCH one more time, Joan! 

Darnell: (rubbing Maya's belly) Baby, you need to chillax!

Maya: (turns and points her finger at Darnell) And you! If you say CHILLAX again, as well as Vee Jay-Jay, we fighting! 

Darnell: (patronizing) Babyyyyyy! Calm downnnnn! We do not need you to give birth right here, right now, and this is still too early in the game, baby. 

Maya: (rubbing her belly and breathing to calm herself down) You are right, baby. I'm calming down. (breathes a few breaths) But y'all gonna make a sister give birth prematurely with your made-up, bootleg words!

Aaron: (looks at Maya) You are right, Maya. I am constantly correcting the (air quotes) "STITCH."

All four of them laugh as Joan throws a few pieces of popcorn at Aaron that he tries to catch with his mouth. 

Maya: (throws her head back dramatically) Guys, I'm stressed! This whole Lynn thing is too much. Heck! I'm gonna just give her this baby, cause the girl really wants a child!