Surrogate Mother 8

Scene Eight: The camera pans to the interior of Toni and Benjamin's home. Toni sits on the couch going through a magazine. Lynn enters through the front door, walks over to the couch, throws her purse down next to Toni, flops down on the couch, and then folds her arms. Lynn looks at Toni with a look suggesting she starts talking, adding a shrug.

Lynn: (annoyed) Well?? Go ahead. 

Toni: (frustrated) What you mean, go ahead??

Lynn: (even more annoyed) Toni, you called me to come over and talk! And got me quite annoyed, might I add.

Toni: (shocked) Annoyed?! Why are you annoyed??

Lynn: (surprised and raising her voice) Toni, you called me trying to tell me what to do with my money! You got together with Joan and you both began to formulate your own opinions and then you both ganged up on me! (pause) Via facetime, might I add! And nicely crafted emails!

Toni: (annoyed) Beotch, Joan, and I did no such thing! We spoke the truth, Lynn! Why are you trying to hog the surrogacy?! One baby wasn't enough? You don't need two babies!

Lynn: (standing up) Ok, why are you so pressed on how many babies I choose to mother? Seriously, why? I'm confused!

Toni: (sincerely) Lynn, it's not what you think. Joan and I think you are doing too much. (inquisitive) How much money do you have, girl??

Lynn: (laughs to herself) And there it is! (pause) It's not about having two babies, it's about how much money I have. I truly thought you all were over my success and how much money I make...

Toni: (sucks her teeth)  Girl, please! Nobody is thinking about you and your earnings! (goes to look back through the magazine - then looks up quickly) But how much money do you make, huh, Lynn??

Lynn: (slowly grabs her purse from the couch) Toni, how about this... I have made enough money to make any decision that I want to make regarding how many surrogacies I choose to pay for. 

Toni sits rummaging through her magazine trying to ignore Lynn's presence.

Toni: (looks up at Lynn from the magazine) Oh! So somebody is loaded??

Lynn: (walking out towards the door) Girl, bye! 

The camera pans to Lynn walking out through Toni's front door and back to Toni sulking on the couch, angrily, rummaging through her magazine. 

End Scene