Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Hey, Bella, what's a guy gotta do to get on your list?" Kellan Jones asked, walking up to me as I stood at my locker on Monday.

"Uh, not look like you." I shot back, raising my eyebrows.

"What about me?" Adam Jensen smirked and I realized about six guys from the team were standing there.

"Get an A in a class for once." I offered, knowing he was notorious for having the lowest GPA on the team, barely making the cut to play every week.

"So you'd say I got a chance?" Jonah Lincoln asked and I felt a smile cross my face as I saw my opportunity.

"I dunno, guess it'll cost ya... What did I hear I'm going for these days? A hundred bucks?" I raised my eyebrows, backing away from them.

Jonah's eyes widened and his face turned bright red, making my smile only grow.

"You better pay up, Lincoln, because that's a bet you'll never win."

And I walked away, leaving the guys all yelling with excitement and laughter as Jonah just stood there mortified.

"What was that about?" Jesse asked as she fell into step next to me.

"Did you know Jonah Lincoln bet Kellan Jones a hundred dollars that he could sleep with me by the end of the season?" I raised my eyebrows. "So I just told him it was never gonna happen and he might as well pay Kellan now."

"He bet that?" Jesse's eyes widened. "What a jackass."

"I know right." I rolled my eyes.

"You're worth way more than a hundred." Jesse teased, bumping my hip.

"Gee, thanks girl." I laughed, knowing she didn't mean it in a bad way but also wondering if she really did see me as some elusive over-sexual person.

"What're you doing later? Do you wanna come over? Have a Harry Potter movie marathon with insane amounts of junk food?" Jesse asked hopefully. "Kinda just want a low-key night, ya know?"

"I've got soccer practice until 7 but I totally can come over after that." I said happily, really pleased with the groove we'd found with our friendship again.

"Good." Jesse breathed with relief. "My loser brother might join us but like, whatever it's just Kade." She shrugged, slowing down as we got to her class.

"Jimmy Johns for lunch?" I offered as I continued walking.

Jesse grinned, her eyes lighting up. "Yeah, yeah I'd really like that."

I smiled back at her, feeling light and happy as I continued down the hall towards the Intro to Piano class that I was taking.

The closer I got to the class, I noticed that I was also getting awful close to the student parking lot.

Class Piano didn't really matter that much anyways... I'd known the teacher all four years and it wasn't as if she was going to fail me for one or two (or ten) absences right?

So instead of turning to walk down the stairs to the music wing, I just continued straight out to the student lot and happily got in my car.

I sent a quick text to Jesse to let her know that I was bailing but that I'd come back for lunch if she wanted, and then I drove home.

The rest of my day was so chill anyways, I didn't plan on going back to school.

I was going to go home, put on some comfy clothes, and lounge on the couch. Wouldn't be missing anything important...