Chapter 5

Chapter 5

'I spent the entire run to Jesse's trying to figure out what I was going to say about Kade.

She would ask about the wild night I just knew it. But how on earth would I reply?

I couldn't tell her about it, that would just be too weird.

But she'd get suspicious as to why I wasn't telling her details after proudly texting her last night.

It took me 5.3 miles to get to her house and I didn't have any more idea of what I was going to say than when I left my own house.

I'd just keep it short and sweet. Be like 'yeah I had great sex we'll never know who it was let's move on' and then I could preoccupy her with some drama related to her boyfriend.

Perfect.

"Hey, that was fast." Jesse laughed as she let me into her house.

"I'm fucking hype, dude." I grinned. "I feel invincible."

"Yeah that's the marijuana talking, where the hell is all your stuff?"

"Huh?" I frowned.

I looked down as well, realizing that I had literally brought nothing with me.

No phone, no keys, no clothes, nothing.

It was just me, my shoes, my running shorts, and a sports bra.

"Oops."

"Girl, go shower and sober up." Jesse rolled her eyes, pushing me towards the stairs. "I'm ordering a pizza. Requests?"

"Everything!" I grinned, giving her a wink over my shoulder as I ran up the stairs.

There was something about Jesse's shower that always left me the cleanest I thought I'd ever get.

The water pressure was absolutely amazing and she had all these great smelling soaps. I never was adventurous enough to buy anything other than plain soap, shampoo, and conditioner. But Jesse had exfoliating scrubs and hair masks and fancy lotions. It was basically a bath and body works store in here.

So of course, feeling as great as I did, I exfoliated and used all the lotion-y things and moisturizers and fancy smelling whatever-s. It was amazing.

Jesse's house was always empty and I knew she wouldn't be too fussed if I took a long shower. Her brother was always away at school and her mom was usually working, on a normal day. So today would be no different.

But I didn't think about how yes, everything was different.

Her mom, a well respected neurosurgeon, was busted again for illegal possession of narcotics (for her own enjoyment), meaning something had to change around here. But I was too caught up in my high to think about how that dynamic might have changed.

So as I left the bathroom, wrapped in Jesse's small towel for her small frame (she was six inches shorter than me and about half my circumference), I was not expecting to run into anybody.

But low and behold, Kade Armstrong was walking down the hallway, wearing just a pair of basketball shorts with a half empty handle of Smirnoff in the other.

"We've gotta stop meeting like this." Kade laughed, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Fun night planned?" I asked, gesturing to the handle in his hand. I shifted my shoulders back as my hair dripped from its bun unpleasantly down my back.

"Something like that. Nothing like yours. Just delivered two boxes of Franzia to my sis, what the fuck are you girls doing?" Kade asked, not so subtly taking in my appearance.