Chapter 4

So to give a little context, witches have one of the largest lifespans aside from faes (if they're not made immortal). The age gap between the sisters of the white coven go like this: Astoria the high priestess is the oldest at 966, Cassandra is the second oldest being 883, Mary (Meryl) and Demetria are the same age in the middle with 764 (a few decades older than Johnny, he is 755) and Delilah as the youngest at 432 years of age. Enjoy the chapter!!!

They walked to another room, more spacious than the library. This one had a chimney on one side, a sofa facing it with two armchairs on each side of the fireplace. The wooden center table in the middle had a pentagram carved on it. In one corner of the room were their altars which also served as their work spaces. Each personalized for the very witch the altar fits. Their grimoires, athames, candles and offerings in place for Luna, the goddess of the moon. On another corner was a trunk similar to Mary's to hold their weapons. In the mini shelves on the walls were potion ingredients or already made ones. The coven sisters positioned themselves on each point of the pentagram of the center table. Cassandra and Delilah already there greeted them with a nod. Though the youngest gave Mary a small shy welcoming smile which she gladly returned. They hadn't interact much but Mary could tell the young witch admired her as much as she did Astoria. Each placed their hands together in front of them, shimmering magic came out of their fingertips, getting ready to speak the oath.

With the power of the white coven, we take our oath.

We teach good magic, for all life force is valued.

To protect our kind from the shadows of the night or evil of the day.

To solidify our gifts for the people in the realm.

We are sisters, we fight for the light together or perish in the dark alone.

Blessed by the goddess of the moon, may she forever keep us united.

Blessed be

Taking their hands down, they felt the magic unite them. Everyone looked at the high priestess as she began to speak "Before we begin our discussion of the reason for this meeting. I'm glad to welcome back our fellow sister Mary Louise Despero. She has been living in the human realm by choice for some time now. She has been through a lot these last couple of months so being home does some good" she said, they clapped

"Thank you, it really is nice to be back" Mary said, though that was a partial lie. She was happy to see the coven but if she had her way, she would never get out of the safety of these walls. Too many memories of her difficult childhood and everything Malek put her through were better forgotten than relived. Specially the death of her father and everything after that. The guilt, the taunting from her brother, the judgement she felt from others. She wished she could forget it all, but she couldn't. It was part of the reason she went to the mortal realm, for a fresh start.

"I nearly thought you were going to leave us for good or did you preferred the fae?" Cassandra said sarcastically, Mary rolled her eyes

"There is nothing wrong with having friends of a different kind, specially in high places" Said Demetria trying to be snarky. Cassandra scowled, the comment made Mary giggled

"That's enough" Astoria demanded making them silenced "Mary, tell the others what you told me if you please" she recounted what the fae princess told her. Letting them be aware that her cousin was helping as well per the princess request.

"I think everyone knows that faerie dust gets trafficked on the boarder. It's a drug after all" Delilah said

"Yes but not at the amount that had been reported" Astoria told her gaining questioning looks "I've spoken to the council. They said on the Enchantress behalf that there have been a few sightings of wagons being moved around the realm"

They all seemed surprised "To where?" Demetria asked

"They don't know yet but that's not all. It is said that there is a disturbance of magic moving around. People disappearing and then turning up dead the next day with black eyes" Astoria said

Mary gasped, that sounded vaguely familiar but she wasn't sure if she could be right "It almost sounds like someone is trying to achieve something. That is exactly how my father looked when he died" the sisters looked surprised but still curious. Mary never talked about her father or his death. Demetria was the only one who knew what happened, Mary told her, but even she didn't know all the details.

Demetria looked sympathetically at her friend "Astoria, seeing as this is going to take some investigating, we have to do something. However, getting the coven involved might draw some panic in the Valley"

"That's why the entire coven will not be involved, only a selected few will be working on this. Mary, you will me leading the investigation" she said looking at her "Seeing as the fae princess came directly to you and John" Mary nodded nervously "Demetria you can help as well. The rest of us will be keeping tabs in things from here. I will keep you informed if the council says anything else. Meeting adjurned" with that, they all dispersed.

Mary walked to the library and up the stairs to one of the rooms. Her old room from when she used to stay there. It wasn't big but it wasn't small, the twin size bed in the middle adorned with silk grey sheets. A small desk on the side where she found a couple of parchments in it and old looking pens. On the other side was a three drawer wooden dresser. Then a single, simple chair next to the bedside table that had a lamp on top. The lamp used a candle inside for light. The supernatural realm wasn't that modern but it wasn't medieval either unlike the mystics.

Meryl sat on the bed before waving her hand to magically put away her clothes on the dresser. A knock was heard on the door that made her look up "Oh it's just you Demetria" she said

"How are you feeling? I noticed you didn't seem thrilled about being put in front of the investigation" Demetria said

"I'm alright, it's just that if I'm right and someone is meddling with the same method that killed my father, I have to revisit the past. I'm afraid of that and more because whatever the purpose is, it will end up killing a lot more witches. Knowing that this method is being used and is killing witches taunts me. Because I don't know what other affects it has and whoever is testing it knows how my father died and it's using that to perfect their plans. There has to be a connection somewhere because the only ones that knew how father really died were me and Malek" Mary said

"Mary your fathers death was not your fault. It was an accident, it was Malek's fault" Demetria said trying to reassure her scared friend

"Malek is dead so he must've told that person, but why and who is it?" Mary said, this scared both of them but as scared as Mary was, she was going to face her fears and find out. Suddenly a piece of parchment appeared in front of them.

Got some information for you, sorry it took so long. Let's meet at Rose Tavern. You might want to bring something to disguise yourself. Look around for captain Jack Sparrow ;)

- John

Meryl rolled her eyes at Johnny's choice in disguise. Only he would use his roles if he didn't want to be caught. It was smart since characters like that didn't exist around there but to her it was also ridiculous.

"It looks like we got a lead thanks to John. We have to be discreet though. Let's notify Astoria and then we can go" Mary said standing up, Demetria nodded and followed her out.

Don't forget to comment and vote!!!