Chapter 10

So I've decided that Meryl's secret remains hidden. Sorry for the delay lovelies, I've been struggling with my mental health and it has blocked me. I hope this is not trash, Enjoy!!!

Mary was still covering her ears, the words of rejection was getting louder. She was rocking herself back and forth trying to drown out the voices. She had bags under her eyes, the noises wouldn't let her sleep. Her worry that something might happen to her family increased. She couldn't let them know her secret or they would be in danger. She couldn't handle their voices turning her away. "How could you do this to us mom?" said Mamie, "I thought we could trust you but you destroyed that" said Louisa, "It's your fault our kids are hurts, I will never forgive you" said Don. An image of her three daughters and her son appeared next to her. Mary wanted nothing more but to end the suffering she was under. She tried to look for a way out but she couldn't escape. She was still stuck in the darkest corner of her mind.

Demetria and John woke up the next morning. They packing up when suddenly Mary's bag glowed.

John picked it up and took out the glowing object "It's her portable crystal ball" he said, Demetria looked at him. John looked at it and a familiar face appeared. He smiled "Oh hi Cher, we finally meet even if not in person"

"Johnny Depp?" Cher said confused "You're magical?"

John rolled his eyes "Yes, I'm a wizard. Meryl is my cousin actually. Now, do what do I owe the pleasure of your call on Meryl's crystal ball?" Demetria glanced at him curiously

"Where is she? She said she was coming over to tell her family her secret. I was calling her to see if she was still sure about it" Cher said

"I don't know what came over her to even think that was a good idea. Anyways, she's not available to talk right now" John said

Cher frowned "why?"

John sighed "Look I'm going to tell you because you're her friend but nothing more. You probably know about the investigation the fae princess has her doing" Cher nodded "Well she enlisted my help along with some from her coven. Last night we were investigating a town and we got face to face with the enemy. When we were fighting, Meryl got hit with a nightmare spell from a dark witches mind manipulating ability. She's unresponsive and she won't wake up so she definitely won't be telling her family the truth. That would put her in more danger, not to mention put them in danger"

"A nightmare spell?!!" Cher exclaimed "That's a pretty powerful spell, is she going to be ok?" Cher asked

"We're gonna take her back to the covens library quarters. Astoria will be able to help her, don't worry" John assured her

"What am I going to tell Don and the kids?" Cher asked

"Just tell them something came up and she can't come. Just tell them to trust you and send them home. We'll make sure the dark witches and wizards don't reach earth" John said

"Alright, please keep me posted on her status and when she wakes, tell her to call me" Cher said

"Of course" John said before hanging up

"Meryl?" Demetria questions

"Her human name" John clarified

Demetria sighed, she was checking on Meryl "Even with her eyes closed she looks tired. Must be a difficult nightmare. Her empathetic ability is making it worse, she is in physical pain. We need to get her to Astoria quickly"

John picked his cousin up bridal style. Demetria held his arm and they transported in front of the library. As they entered, they looked at the worried faces around them. John carrying Mary was a troubling sight.