(35) INFJ X INTJ

Tbh, I've been stressed this whole month because I just sent out my application to grad school in the States. Now I'm just waiting if they'll accept me or not (つ﹏⊂)

To take my mind off things, I went back to writing

INFJ (male) x INTJ (female)

There are some things in life that Lucas can’t seem to fix despite placing one’s mind, body, and soul into them.

Especially fixing the DAMN KITCHEN CUPBOARD AT TWO IN THE MORNING.

“What. The. Heck!” He grunted heavily under his breath, using all his strength to pull the hinges off the cupboard door. His hands started to ache and he felt an onset of a strain in his forearms as he continues to heave and pull on the stubborn hinge.

A question one might be asking now, though, is why work on fixing a kitchen cupboard hinge at two in the morning?

In all actuality, Lucas was not supposed to be fixing anything around this time of the night. As one of the lead designers for a certain prominent and famous appliance manufacturer, he has a project proposal that is not yet finished for this new feature they wish to add to their air conditioning units. He just needs a few more explanations and another column in the chart for his Current and Pending Support segment of the proposal and he would be done.

But…since he knows that it’s the last thing to finish and that he’s having a hard time with it, he thought that maybe he could do something to take his mind off it. The pressure of making sure that the higher officials accept this project proposal also adds to his worries and apprehension.

Thus, the kitchen cupboard. And a reasonable excuse as to why the activity he is currently doing is not considered procrastination.

His laptop screen has stayed on the same open word document for the past 57 minutes and the battery is slowly running out, waiting for its owner to go back to working on it.

Unfortunately, the owner is too busy making his mind and body work on other things.

“Come on,” he spoke in a hushed voice toward the stubborn hinge. He needs to stay quiet or else he’s definitely going to wake his wife up. Knowing that she’s a light sleeper, she is going to check the commotion and scold him.

He spots that the hinge has loosened all the more. Just one more tug and he’ll finally have it out.

“Work with me, please, I beg of you.”

“What are you doing?” A disembodied voice that sounded strict speaks from behind him and he instantly goes cold. His whole body turns rigid and his eyes widen, like a deer caught in the headlights.

Cautiously, he twists his body to find his wife towering over him. Her hands are rolled into fists and are on her hips. Her hair clearly shows signs that she just came out of bed but it’s the look on her face that chills him to the core.

God, he loves his Pam very much, but damn, that woman is freaking scary at times. And yet, if it were not for her, Lucas wouldn’t have his life in check.

Still, he can be scared of her.

Like now.

He raises a shaking hand to the air and waves it from side to side. “H-Hi?”

“What are you doing?” Pam repeats with the same intensity in her voice from a while ago.

“...Fixing the cupboard,” he sheepishly replies.

She moves her arms to cross them in front of her. “At 2 A.M.? Lou, I thought you were working on your project proposal!”

"I am!" He says defensively.