Chapter 19

Waking up the next morning, I have never been so happy in my life. Last night was the most incredible night of my life. I never knew love making could feel so sensual and pleasurable. I always heard that with the right one it would be like this but, I never believed it because I have never felt it, until Nicholas. He was so attentive, tender, and caring all night. He made me feel things I have only read about in books. Just thinking about the way, he caressed my body and the feel of his lips on my skin makes me shiver with anticipation. It's like I have become an addict and he is my drug.

I have been laying here for a while watching Nicholas sleep. He really is the most gorgeous man I have ever laid my eyes one. I run my fingers across his cheeks and over his lips, loving how his face scrunches when I do this. Giving him a moment to make sure he is still asleep, I then run my hand through his hair, and when I feel his hand tighten on my hip, I know he has woken up. I look back to his face to see him looking at me.

"Hi." I speak first.

"Hey."

"How did you sleep?"

"Peacefully, but I always do when you are in my arms." He smiles at me.

"Last night was amazing."

"It was, in every way. Thank you for trusting me enough to give yourself to me in that way."

"You are the only one that I would ever want to spend a night like that with. It's only you. It will only ever be you."

"How did I get so lucky?!" Nicholas leans in and pecks my lips. I can feel every emotion poured into this kiss and in this moment, I can't stop those three words from falling off my lips.

"I love you."

"What?" He asks shocked.

"I love you. I have for a while, but I was scared to tell you in fear you wouldn't feel the same way."

Nicholas doesn't say anything, he just leans back in and pulls me into a kiss. He rolls us over so that he is hovering over me, and I wrap my arms around his shoulder pulling him closer. When I told him that I love him, I meant it with everything that is within me. This man has found his way into my heart, and I don't plan to ever let him go. I have never loved someone the way that I love Nicholas. Sure, at some point, I did love Brady, but it was nothing like the love that I feel for Nicholas. This love is a burning, jump headfirst, all-consuming kind of love. Nicholas pulls back and stared at me for several minutes not saying a word.

"I love you." He finally speaks. "I have wanted to tell you for a while now, but I didn't want to scare you. I didn't know if you were ready to hear it."

"I am, and I will be for the rest of my life." I say and peck his lips. "I love you so much Nicholas. I have never felt this way before. It's like I have fallen, and I keep falling every time I am with you. You have found your way into my heart so quickly; it honestly scares me. I never thought I would ever find this kind of love."

"Mikayla, I told you that day in my office that you deserve this kind of love, and you would find it. I knew that day that I wanted to be the one to give it to you."

"I knew that day I wanted you to be the one to give it to me." I whisper.

When I say this Nicholas smashes his lips back to mine. I know where this is headed, and I can't wait. It doesn't take long for our bodies to be in sync and for us both to be showing the other how much love we hold for each other. This is a feeling I will never get tired of. Being loved by a man that loves me unconditionally is the best feeling in the world. After a while, we are both breathing hard and Nicholas rolls over to lay beside me, pulling me close to him.